Bluetooth devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosstaki

Hi guy’s! Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth transmitter that with work on my 3600xlt I’m after trying out my apple earbuds with the scanner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benkasey

Premium Subscriber
I recently bought an Aluratek BT 5 transmitter/receiver at Best Buy. It has a nice external antenna for good coverage up to 300 ft. I use it to send audio from my tablet computer to my stereo system. I'm satisfied with it.

A Bluetooth transmitter in close proximity to the receive antenna will decrease the sensitivity of the scanner. I've used one with my 436.

It is noticeable, but it does not make it completely deaf.

bearcat

A Bluetooth transmitter in close proximity to the receive antenna will decrease the sensitivity of the scanner. I've used one with my 436.

It is noticeable, but it does not make it completely deaf.
Does your 436 have the "missing capacitor" ? Just curious since without the cap there is already a noise issue. Maybe the bluetooth adds to that issue.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Does your 436 have the "missing capacitor" ? Just curious since without the cap there is already a noise issue. Maybe the bluetooth adds to that issue.

I would be surprised if you didn't see an impact to reception regardless. Radiowaves can impact radiowaves, especially if close to the reception/transmission points. bluetooth seems to use unlicensed frequencies in the 2Mhz range, or 2Ghz range, I'm no engineer, but I suspect they are within the ranges to cause harmonic/anti-harmonic reduction or cancellation with radio frequencies.

bearcat

I would be surprised if you didn't see an impact to reception regardless. Radiowaves can impact radiowaves, especially if close to the reception/transmission points. bluetooth seems to use unlicensed frequencies in the 2Mhz range, or 2Ghz range, I'm no engineer, but I suspect they are within the ranges to cause harmonic/anti-harmonic reduction or cancellation with radio frequencies.
I would agree. Just curious if the missing cap could make it even worse.

I would agree. Just curious if the missing cap could make it even worse.

I have never opened my 436 to inspect the internals, so I have no idea if it is missing a capacitor. I have never noticed any reception issues as compared with my icom gear.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I have never opened my 436 to inspect the internals, so I have no idea if it is missing a capacitor. I have never noticed any reception issues as compared with my icom gear.

This is smart. I don't think its worth voiding the warranty or causing extra damage. If you're in warranty and you have an issue, you're better off just sending it in than trying to fix it yourself.

scosgt

I use a bluetooth transmitter all the time with an HP-2. Never noticed any issue. The antenna is in the rear, the radio is in the front of the vehicle.

wtp

my wife

used a little bluetooth and it was taped to the back of a 396XT.
paired up to a set of headphones.
no problem hearing the county system.

rcool101

Feed Provider
I never opened mine ether but I can tell by the serial number mine has no missing parts. It was purchased in Nov. 2017....Yes. I waited

Status
Not open for further replies.