• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Bluetooth for G4/G5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
G4/G5 Bluetooth

I'm trying to find a bluetooth earpiece/receiver that will pair with the G4/G5, but not think it's getting a phone call every time a transmission comes through.

What are other folks using for bluetooth earphones?

- Jerry

troymail

Silent Key
I picked up a pair of these a while back for about $30 just to see if I could get the BT working. It works .. one negative thing is that there is a fixed voice announcement at the start of every voice call advising a call is coming in (I believe this is a standard thing for all devices).

cpetraglia

Also...
These work without any beeps / announcement voices or rings:
Docooler 2 in 1 Bluetooth Transmitter & Receiver Wireless A2DP Bluetooth Audio Adapter Portable Audio Player Aux 3.5mm Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FDI8VBI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PwLxzbDFPSQQD
I just picked up one of these from Amazon. Easily paired. Sound quality is very good with no extra unwanted noises. Works perfectly, highly recommended. I have been in search of a decent BT receiver, this is it!

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Bluetooth Speakers

Has anyone had any luck hooking up a bluetooth speaker to the G4? I turn on Bluetooth, and when I search for the speaker, it never comes up... The only was for it to come up is going thru the "Earpiece" menu...

Once I pair it via the earpiece menu, it still doesn't play properly.

Any feedback?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to find a bluetooth earpiece/receiver that will pair with the G4/G5, but not think it's getting a phone call every time a transmission comes through.

What are other folks using for bluetooth earphones?

- Jerry

The pager gives the initiate call signal, for each received transmission. Now what audio signal your BT speaker/earpiece gives is another matter.

Sent via Tapatalk

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any luck hooking up a bluetooth speaker to the G4? I turn on Bluetooth, and when I search for the speaker, it never comes up... The only was for it to come up is going thru the "Earpiece" menu...

Once I pair it via the earpiece menu, it still doesn't play properly.

Any feedback?

Does the speaker support 2.0/2.1? If it is BT 4.0, it will not work.

Sent via Tapatalk

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
The G4 won't do BT 4.0? my G5 does. I've used 2 different BT earphones Jabra classic* and a higher priced brand with horrible annoying "incoming call" announcements that I got rid of. Both were 4.0 and worked. Unication David said in another post that 4.0 is back compatible, you don't need to look for just a 2.0/2.1. Maybe G4 is different?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
@ryolsen8 Did you try making the pager VISIBLE? you click the lower right hand button, scroll to Function Status/select that and then scroll to BT DEVICE make sure it's ON. Earphone shows off. PUSHING SET* below takes it to a new BT DETAIL screen where you push "visible" and make the Pager visible to try and pair it UP for a 2:00 minute timeframe. It counts down/shows Connected device there. This is the G5 but I'm guessing G4 is the same.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The G4 won't do BT 4.0? my G5 does. I've used 2 different BT earphones Jabra classic* and a higher priced brand with horrible annoying "incoming call" announcements that I got rid of. Both were 4.0 and worked. Unication David said in another post that 4.0 is back compatible, you don't need to look for just a 2.0/2.1. Maybe G4 is different?

Is this the thread you were thinking of?
http://forums.radioreference.com/showthread.php?t=352185

Sent via Tapatalk

philcovington

I went through a lot of Bluetooth headsets and speakers to find ones that worked without the annoying beeps, blips, and bloops.

This JBL waterproof speaker is the best one that I found for use in my truck:
http://amzn.to/2tdxXjc

This is a less expensive speaker that is not as loud as the JBL:
http://amzn.to/2ui0WYn

This is some headphones that work well for me:
http://amzn.to/2te3BwS

All used with the G5. Unfortunately, the G5 does not work well with the bluetooth system in my car. You also get the annoying beeps and announcements. I will probably buy another JBL speaker for use in the car since it does work very well with loud volume in the truck.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

philcovington

I went through a lot of Bluetooth headsets and speakers to find ones that worked without the annoying beeps, blips, and bloops.

This JBL waterproof speaker is the best one that I found for use in my truck:
http://amzn.to/2tdxXjc

This is a less expensive speaker that is not as loud as the JBL:
http://amzn.to/2ui0WYn

This is some headphones that work well for me:
http://amzn.to/2te3BwS

All used with the G5. Unfortunately, the G5 does not work well with the bluetooth system in my car. You also get the annoying beeps and announcements. I will probably buy another JBL speaker for use in the car since it does work very well with loud volume in the truck.

Hope this helps.

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Don't work

Neither the JBL or the Senso work with the G5 (I have both). The JBL won't even connect, and the Senso give you that annoying beep=beep-beep that makes you miss the first part of every transmission...

Still looking for a BT update...

Thanks,

Bill

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have an update on this? I am looking for BT headphones that will work with my G4 and not have any annoying beeps.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Unication B/T - G4/G5

I use what one other person in here recommended

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FDI8VBI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's pretty good, kind of cheap but good battery life. There seems to be several different versions of this by different names on Amazon. I still hear some "tubish" sounding transmissions with this just like I do with my other BT headphones and Jabra earphone. I can only assume this is the G5 doing it and the way it handles quick BT transmission, one fast call after another? Anyone else hear this? BUT there are NO tones at all with this, just very faint click sounds in the background. Works well. It's small, the size of a small cellphone so it's not pain. I hook my regular SONY headphones up to it and listen at night. Ahh.. .what HE said... right above me. ;0)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.