• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Bluetooth for G4/G5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
BT for G4/G5

That one for Unication by ScannerMaster has A beep. I remember someone saying so after we all discussed this last time. He said it does have a tone... but it's a short one. The quote is in the search box somewhere.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I just received the G5 and want to use my Bluetooth with this unit. Could someone please let me know how to set up the G5 to pair.
Thanks Ed

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I just received the G5 and want to use my Bluetooth with this unit. Could someone please let me know how to set up the G5 to pair.
Thanks Ed

Assuming the menu is the same as the G4, on the Function Status menu, turn on BT Device and Earphone.

Is your speaker/headset/earpiece BT 3.1, or earlier, compatible? The G4, and I presume the G5, will not pair with BT 4.0 and newer.

Sent via Tapatalk

ecarvalho

Hello Ed
G5 and G4 are identical except for the dual band on the G5. Bluetooth yes Krokus explained above will not pair to newer BT devices and beware of the beeping and announcing voice some devices do. Each transmission might start with it and that will get old fast.
Some bt devices work better than others.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I am searching for a BT ear piece to pair with G5. The Plantronics M50 is discontinued. I want one without all the ding and dongs before a transmission.
Thanks Ed

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
I am using the Docooler 2 in 1 Bluetooth receiver, and am getting frequent disconnects. The receiver is sitting right next to the G4, and is plugged into usb for a constant charge. Is there a setting to change in pps to keep it from disconnecting, or is it just the receiver issue itself ?

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Humming Sound and Disconnects

I am using the Docooler 2 in 1 Bluetooth receiver, and am getting frequent disconnects. The receiver is sitting right next to the G4, and is plugged into usb for a constant charge. Is there a setting to change in pps to keep it from disconnecting, or is it just the receiver issue itself ?

I am also hearing a humming sound under the audio !! I tried it out on my Broadcastify Phoenix Police feed, and was hearing a bad humming with the audio.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

That is a "feature" of the pager. It treats every received bit as a new phone call, which is to try and save battery life. I have asked if there is a way to have that user defined.

Sent via Tapatalk

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Bluetooth for G4/G5 pager?

@MsWells ... I noticed some of the reviews from the Docooler BT transceiver saying they got frequent dropouts. After having mine for awhile it started doing that with a loud static/clicking sound. Trying to restart it to connect I would get a loud phone call ringing sound. I then read it was a battery saving feature of the pager. Ok? So to beat it at it's own game I turn the G5 "SCREEN TIMEOUT" time to 05 or 06 seconds. THAT saves the battery throughout the day. One time I achieved over 15 hours using that battery saving, screen off feature. During that time the Docooler never dropped out once until it finally ran out of juice itself after it's time limit of 8 hours. I would try that if you're having dropouts where it's right next to the Pager. Use the Screen timeout feature on the Pager and experiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluetooth gaming headset Yo David!!!!

Hey on the Unification G4/G5 Bluetooth headset issue, in theory wouldn’t a Bluetooth gaming headset work because a gaming headset would have 0 setting pertaining to calls? Let me know your thoughts.

Anyone else have a recommendation on a Bluetooth headset or earpiece?

Is this adapter battery operated? Rechargeable the amazon listing doesn’t show a picture of the back or say whether it is.

ResQguy

Meh
Is this adapter battery operated? Rechargeable the amazon listing doesn’t show a picture of the back or say whether it is.

Yes it does. "Battery: Built-in Rechargeable Li-polymer battery(600mAh)
Working Time: 8 Hours (depend on audio volume)
Charging: Micro USB 5V/0.5A"

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Also...
These work without any beeps / announcement voices or rings:
Docooler 2 in 1 Bluetooth Transmitter & Receiver Wireless A2DP Bluetooth Audio Adapter Portable Audio Player Aux 3.5mm Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FDI8VBI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PwLxzbDFPSQQD

Hmmmm....since it has a 3.5mm jack, I’m wondering if anyone has tried pairing it to this device and then running a Kenwood KES-3S 5W external speaker from the 3.5mm jack? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I’m going to give it a try. Will post results once I get everything in and hooked up in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.