BNSF Mid Mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
IMG_1867.jpg
You would think with all this outside my back door there would be some kind of activity; all I see listed is about 3 frequencies listed; when the workers are parked their radios seem busy but I can never find them on my scanners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
You are on the BNSF Cuba Subdivision which runs from Valley Park, Mo to Springfield, Mo.

There are two different channels used for voice,

AAR 70 161.160 is used from Lindenwood yard in St. Louis to Rosati
AAR 16 160.335 is used the rest of the way to Springfield

There are also 2 frequencies used for ATCS communications, you will hear these as short data bursts,

AAR 07 160.215 which is used from Valley Park to Stanton, Mo
AAR 57 160.965 which is used the rest of the way to Springfield.

nd5y

all I see listed is about 3 frequencies listed; when the workers are parked their radios seem busy but I can never find them on my scanners
They probably won't be on the frequencies licensed at that site unless they need to talk to dispatch.
If its a contractor they probably have their own frequencies instead of tying up the rr frequencies.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
What type of scanner(s) do you have?

Fun fact: The center line of the tracks between Stoutland and Richland is the county line between Camden and Laclede counties.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
What type of scanner(s) do you have?

Fun fact: The center line of the tracks between Stoutland and Richland is the county line between Camden and Laclede counties.

I have a Pro 197, BCD996XT, HP-2 that I use mostly for MOSWIN and BC760XLT that I still use for my local conventional analog

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
As a test, when the workers are present, I would configured a bank to hold half the AAR frequencies on the Pro 197, the other half on the BCD996XT and scan only that bank to see what you get. As @nd5y mentioned they might be on a different band but at least you would know it is not AAR.

Good hunting!

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
pinballwiz86 said:
Turn on Close Call. That will get you what you want.
Close call is a good suggestion. I personally do not have any experience using it but I do have several frequency counters ..

*and*

.. even with a dedicated frequency counter teasing out a hit on what you are looking for is a bit of an art.

:D

I would suspect the same for close call but, honestly, the intent was to eliminate the AAR band.

Status
Not open for further replies.