Boca Raton, FL streaming scanner feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
My new Boca Raton, Florida streaming scanner feed seems to be doing pretty well.

The line-up that I have been using for a few weeks is fire radio for Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, and Deerfield Beach, plus marine and nearby simplex railroad communications from FEC and CSX. If you want to know what IMBE digital audio sounds like, here's your chance.

I use bcTool to control the scanner remotely so when I am around to do it I can narrow the channels scanned to those concerning the incident.

The marine stuff hears pretty well, but sometimes it gets too chatty and I lock it out. Better quality beats more quantity.

Give it a listen, it seems that there is always somebody talking on the thing.

http://colostreaming.com:8104/listen.pls

It's running Shoutcast, so WinAmp does great, iTunes and Windows Media Player also play it. Updates and news flashes at http://trackstreamer.com

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good....I had to remove the "listen.pls" from the end of the url to get it to work though.

NYRHKY94

Bote:

The stream sounds excellent! It came right up in WinAmp using the link you provided. If you're using a Uniden scanner for the stream, you might want to consider providing alpha tags given the number of departments your're monitoring.

Nice job!

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Bote:

The stream sounds excellent! It came right up in WinAmp using the link you provided. If you're using a Uniden scanner for the stream, you might want to consider providing alpha tags given the number of departments your're monitoring.

Nice job!

How would I go about doing that with Shoutcast? Or rather, Simplecast, which is what I use to uplink to my hosted DNAS.

I have figured out how to divine if it's Delray Beach because their officers have unit numbers in the 100s, like 160 and 150 and so on. Boca Raton I can usually tell by their addresses since the numbered streets go much higher there than the other two of the tri-citiies. Deerfield is analog so they stick out like a sore thumb.

It would be nice if the "now playing" tag could show the current channel tho.

Lemme know.

p.s. I used to have a Patrolman PRO-6 like that in your profile picture. It had a great sound, but was a terrible receiver. Love it!

Last edited:

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Sounds good....I had to remove the "listen.pls" from the end of the url to get it to work though.

What program do you use to listen?

Some people report that it works, others say they have trouble. (Actually, the ones who have trouble seem to have loads of trouble so there's no telling what goes wrong in certain cases.)

I included the listen.pls on the end hoping to let most people start the feed simply by clicking on it. Otherwise it goes to the Shoutcast-generated page and you can click Listen on that page, or just view the stats and links there.

Thanx.

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
What program do you use to listen?

Some people report that it works, others say they have trouble. (Actually, the ones who have trouble seem to have loads of trouble so there's no telling what goes wrong in certain cases.)

I included the listen.pls on the end hoping to let most people start the feed simply by clicking on it. Otherwise it goes to the Shoutcast-generated page and you can click Listen on that page, or just view the stats and links there.

Thanx.

I was at work..we only have WMP. At home with winamp it opened right up, no changes needed. Sounds good! Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.