Boerne, TX/Kendall County

Status
Not open for further replies.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
To NC5257, The patch depends on the dispatcher and how busy they are. Lately they have been relying on VMED28. Doesn't make a lot of sense, because the helicopters should have the LCRA P25 system in a radio on board. Why would you spend a couple million for a helicopter but skimp on the radios.

There have been updates in the console and some tweaking of the VHF system given the move by the Sheriff to install VHF radios back in the cars. Although it won't be the main means of communication, it will be interesting to see if it gets used when the 700/800 doesn't work due to the area that the are in.

I checked my scanner tonight and it brought up the Bergheim (Kendall) tower.

To K9rod: That is a good question about the helicopters. I have heard from someone close to Emergency operations that is exactly what has happened. They apparently want the counties they support to fund the radio in the helicopter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
New TG?? Listening to the scanner tonight and saw 15010 come across. The traffic is directly related to the graduation ceremony tonight and I recognize the voices as Boerne ISD maintenance staff. I have looked in the RRDB and it is not listed. I ran pro96com and and unitrunker but neither one shows the TG affiliation it only shows the TG # and radios ID's.

Also saw TG 7056 come up the other day and it had traffic directly related to Kendall County Road maintenance. I did not see that in the database either.

Last edited:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
New TG?? Listening to the scanner tonight and saw 15010 come across. The traffic is directly related to the graduation ceremony tonight and I recognize the voices as Boerne ISD maintenance staff. I have looked in the RRDB and it is not listed. I ran pro96com and and unitrunker but neither one shows the TG affiliation it only shows the TG # and radios ID's.

Also saw TG 7056 come up the other day and it had traffic directly related to Kendall County Road maintenance. I did not see that in the database either.

Submit them and I’ll add them as generic “Boerne ISD” and “Road and Bridge” groups.

ajfan1999

Signal

Anyone noticing signal strength issues today? My signal bars jump from five to nothing five to nothing all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.