Boone Co PD Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

unixfreak0037

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to Boone County police for a while now. The RR database has Boone SO 1, 2, 3 & 4. "3" is referred to as "channel 2" by the PD, and "4" was heavily used by the salt truck guys back during the winter. I'm not sure I've ever heard a dispatch on "4".

"2" is correctly labeled as Animal Control.

One day I heard someone say "switch over to channel 6", so I think there are more channels that what is listed. I think I found one on 452.7875. And today I think I heard someone refer to it as "channel 3". However, the FCC has that frequency listed for callsign WQKE899 for a "RA Jones Middle School". (That is how I found it.)

Is is possible that they (the above mentioned school) gave the frequency to the county PD to use without letting the FCC know? Could the FCC database be out of date?

John

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to Boone County police for a while now. The RR database has Boone SO 1, 2, 3 & 4. "3" is referred to as "channel 2" by the PD, and "4" was heavily used by the salt truck guys back during the winter. I'm not sure I've ever heard a dispatch on "4".
"2" is correctly labeled as Animal Control.
One day I heard someone say "switch over to channel 6", so I think there are more channels that what is listed. I think I found one on 452.7875. And today I think I heard someone refer to it as "channel 3". However, the FCC has that frequency listed for callsign WQKE899 for a "RA Jones Middle School". (That is how I found it.)
Is is possible that they (the above mentioned school) gave the frequency to the county PD to use without letting the FCC know? Could the FCC database be out of date? John
Anything is possible with freqs... especially when they are used in a Public Safety arena.... Thanx for the info on Boone County... do you mind putting all of that together as a submission and sending it in.... one of us will fix it ASAP....
Thanx for the heads-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.