Boone Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedic78

I am looking for any information on what system Boone County fire and EMS and Sheriff is on now. I have the old NDXN Frequencies programmed in and I'm not getting any traffic and I seen a comment that they may be on the SARA Network but I don't see any towers near the area. If anybody can help me out with talk groups and control channels I would appreciate it.

firemedic78

Looks like they're on ISICS?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8734

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have that already programmed in but they only have one talk group. They have 2 towers, but I'm not hearing anything and I'm just outside of the city, so according to the actual radio reference database page for that county it says they may be on the SARA or possibly on that network but their conventional digital channels also show active that are the NDXM, but .....The ISICS System only shows one talk group. Fire and EMS are paged out on conventional but I'm wanting to hear law enforcement but I'm pretty sure I do not have the right system program, so i am looking for anybody around the boone County area that may help.

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
Spoke with a firefighter from Madrid. He advised they're still using the VHF system, but moving to ISICS in the future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wn0r

On ISICS, I have heard Boone County off of the Mackey Tower and also the Ames-woodward site.
I heard a few of their transmissions in the clear but lately most are encrypted now.
If I am using my DSDPlus it shows they are using encryption.
18501, 18506, 18511 are the 3 talkgroups that are showing up.

firemedic78

On ISICS, I have heard Boone County off of the Mackey Tower and also the Ames-woodward site.
I heard a few of their transmissions in the clear but lately most are encrypted now.
If I am using my DSDPlus it shows they are using encryption.
18501, 18506, 18511 are the 3 talkgroups that are showing up.

Thank you, I think I have it fixed. The last talkgroup you gave me, 18511 was the one talkgroup I had missing and it's working now. Thank you very much. And yes, I am monitoring both the mackey( Which I have no idea where that's at within the county,) and the woodward/Ames simulcast towers. The Ames/Woodward towers is where I am getting most of the reception sense I'm only about 10 miles North of Woodward at Camp Mitiqwa. I am their scout medic for this year so I wanted to listen to the scanner while I was on my down time. I have the conventional VHF fire channels programmed into my fire handheld portable radio so I've been able to hear that ok, just not the law enforcement side Since they are digital, but now I think I got it fixed. Thank you again.

richwig

The Mackey tower coordinates on this site take you to the intersection of 17 and 130th St. north of Boone. Nearby is the old AT&T Long Lines site that has a short microwave tower...that may be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.