Boone County frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Hello all....Some time ago, i programmed Boone county sherriff and Belvidere IL PD into my PSR-500. I was recently in the area, and enabled the scanlist with those frequencies, and received absolutely nothing for an hour or so before i gave up. I was wondering if maybe the frequencies or radio systems had changed or something. I imported the existing frequencies from the RR database. Any input is appreciated.

davecober

How long ago are you talking? Boone County and Belvidere are both Starcom21 now.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Everything was downloaded from RR in November of last year, and the Starcom info is what was available then. I went into my programming and double checked the talkgroups and the other settings, and everything looks good.

VASCAR2

I heard Boone County & Belvidere on SC 21 a couple days ago when I was in Rockford and they had the same talkgroup numbers as last year. Depending on the particular scanner it is possible you have locked out their talk groups or have your scanner set in Closed/Open (Pro Series Radio) or ID Search/ID Scan (Uniden) to where your not hearing them. I've only had experience with Uniden and Radio Shack Pro series of Digital Scanners but my guess is you inadvertently locked them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.