• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Boot Insoles for Warmth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the help from the folks who use cold weather clothing/accessories.

I'm looking for warm boot insoles to put into some new boots I just purchased, see here: Keen Men's Summit Country Boot 1002645: Vermont Gear - Farm-Way

These are the insoles that I had used for years in my old boots: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFA1KF...olid=1Q2QF3DE1NA3I&coliid=I6UTCBCTP2D0W&psc=1
These worked well for my needs so I was wondering if they are still good for warmth or is there something better out there in the market that I may be interested in?

Thanks for the help.....
Steve

Well you MIGHT be able to get some felt ones or cut some yourself, ALSO in a hitch newspapers around your feet also gives you some insulation. BEST bet is good thermal socks Wool if you can stand it against your skin or silk socks under the woolen ones will keep your feet nice and warm silk to absorb the sweat and keep feet from itching wool also keeps feet warm if wet as well.

Bama Sokkets.

They are a staple in northern Alberta oil field work.

They are an insulated ‘sock’ but are cut low, below the ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.