• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Border Wall Battle

I get it you don't want them streaming into our country but your not willing to invest in helping prevent it from happening. What ever.
You miss my point. I don't believe that it's lack of a wall that lets them in. That being the case, I don't believe that building the wall will have a significant impact.

As long as it gets built. Otherwise the free passes start to run out.
You've set the bar awful low.

ipfd320

Banned
THIS JUST IN

House Republicans approve bill to fund border wall

House Republicans have voted to approve a bill to fund President Donald Trump’s $5 billion demand for border wall, setting up a final showdown in the Senate ahead of Friday’s deadline to avert a government shutdown.

The vote received no Democratic support, and the bill’s prospects in the Senate are dim as Democrats have pledged to defeat the divisive measure.

The final tally was 217-185, with eight Republicans voting against the package.

REST of the Story is Here--> House Republicans approve bill to fund border wall

But the border patrol says otherwise. Why should we believe you over them, the guys at ground zero?
From factcheck.org:

"According to a report by Robert Warren, a former director of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service’s statistics division, says 65 percent of net arrivals — those joining the undocumented population — from 2008 to 2015 were visa overstays."

But YOU can believe whatever the hell you want.

From factcheck.org:

"According to a report by Robert Warren, a former director of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service’s statistics division, says 65 percent of net arrivals — those joining the undocumented population — from 2008 to 2015 were visa overstays."

But YOU can believe whatever the hell you want.
The chief of Border Patrol (current) and most agents all say a barrier would help immensely. These are the people I listen to to draw conclusions on what's needed and would help and what wouldn't. This is how I want some of my tax dollars spent. Of course it wouldn't be perfect, but nothing is.

But you're free to believe in whatever stupid sh*t you want.

And I believe that the expense of the proposed wall vs. the amount of border incursions reduced does not strike a rational balance.

Are you giving a free pass to Trump's original promise, too? You know the one... that Mexico would pay for it. THAT was his actual platform. He lied to you, too.

The chief of Border Patrol (current) and most agents all say a barrier would help immensely. These are the people I listen to to draw conclusions on what's needed and would help and what wouldn't. This is how I want some of my tax dollars spent. Of course it wouldn't be perfect, but nothing is.

But you're free to believe in whatever stupid sh*t you want.

Are you giving a free pass to Trump's original promise, too? You know the one... that Mexico would pay for it. THAT was his actual platform. He lied to you, too.
Well, you gave Obama a free pass on telling me I could keep my doctor, so I guess Trump can get a free pass on the Mexico part, right?

I kept MY doctor, what the hell was YOUR problem?
See, right there. Don't you think you sound kind of arrogant saying something like that? It isn't ALL about YOU. It's about the people he lied to and there's a LOT of them. and YOU give him a free pass on that. Always have, always will.

Besides, you're a liberal. You're supposed to care about people not be a selfish twit.

See, right there. Don't you think you sound kind of arrogant saying something like that? It isn't ALL about YOU. It's about the people he lied to and there's a LOT of them. and YOU give him a free pass on that. Always have, always will.

Besides, you're a liberal. You're supposed to care about people not be a selfish twit.
What's the matter? I gave you the same answer that conservatives give to all social problems. "Take personal responsibility". I did, and I kept my doctor. It's not my problem that you didn't.

You guys sure hate to be treated the way you treat others, don't you.

What's the matter? I gave you the same answer that conservatives give to all social problems. "Take personal responsibility". I did, and I kept my doctor. It's not my problem that you didn't.

You guys sure hate to be treated the way you treat others, don't you.
Losing your doctor you've had for years because of Obamacare has nothing to do with being responsible. It's called getting f***** over by your government because they want to give free healthcare to the lazy and demand everyone else to pay for it.

It shouldn't be my problem if someone doesn't have insurance. That's were your responsibility part comes in!

We're getting off topic here..

Yes, and in the meantime, you've just received the same quality treatment that conservatives dish out. If you didn't like it, then change the way conservatives treat other people.
I've just received a pass on Obama lie, like always. My statement holds true regardless of the deflection, any idiot can see that.

Merry Christmas, Mr I kept my doctor, screw everyone else :p

I care. Trump insisted that he'd make Mexico pay for it. I think we should hold him to it. Since my main objection to it is that it would be a waste of money, if he can get Mexico to waste their money on it, I've got nothing left to object to.
You don't care. Mexico pays by way of the USMCA. He never said Mexico would write a check.
Illegal immigration costs to American taxpayers exceeds $100B yearly and only an idiot would not expect the costs to rise as the numbers of illegal immigrants increase as would be expected with no changes to the current situation.
Don't bring up that useless argument about visa over-stayers. That is a completely different problem that needs to be addressed in a different way.
The wall needs to be built. Period. End. The DemocRATS and you are against it because it is a Trump idea. Had it been Obamas idea, you would not think it a waste of money but an investment in the future.

I kept my doctor also but from the time Barack Hussein Care was announced to when it was implemented my medical insurance increase more than 2X. Several large medical insurance companies like Blue Cross jacked up their prices when Barack Hussein Care was in its infancy anticipating a huge shock to the industry.

So what is better, keeping your doctor and paying 2X more while others get it for free on your dime, or go back to what we had?

I kept MY doctor, what the hell was YOUR problem? Did you not take enough personal responsibility over your own damned health insurance? I did. I kept my doctor.

Neither. Obama care came about because what we had didn't work. Unfortunately it created problems at the same time it was solving other problems.
But Nancy said we must pass it before we read it! ;) Obamacare was a disaster by design. The Democrats knew it would eventually fail and would usher in single payer.