Boston-Area VHF Cap+ System

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanNora

While searching today, my scanner hit on 152.9050, stating that it's a Cap+ system with a color code of 3. There is no network or site information available, and the frequency does not seem to exist according to my search of the FCC database. The transmissions that I've heard so far have all corresponded to school bus operations in the city of Boston. WQSW689 is a trunked license belonging to Chris Klinger which includes 152.9075 with the emissions designated 7K60FXE. I was wondering if anyone had monitored this system before to confirm that this is the correct system. In the interest of full disclosure, First Student is also allocated this frequency in Connecticut, but its license only includes two frequencies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't think that Cap+ systems use network or site numbers. As I recall from setting up Cap+ systems in DSD+, the notes say to make up a network number (9990 or similar) and use site #1.

I don't know if Cap+ sites can be linked. For example, Gillette has two separate Cap+ systems, but they are not interconnected.

OceanNora

Thanks for the clarification, that would explain why I never saw any site/network info on the All-Comm/OneVoice frequencies. LCN finder was a dud with the frequencies and locations listed to that license, so the hunt continues.

garys

Premium Subscriber
A SDR - DSD+ set up is good for finding the LCN on Cap+ systems. It will also find the Color Code. I don't have any Cap+ systems set up in my x36HP scanners, so I haven't paid much attention to how to program them.

I listen to both Gillette Stadium systems using SDR - DSD+. It takes a little bit of getting used to since there are no control channels, just rest channels.

Thanks for the clarification, that would explain why I never saw any site/network info on the All-Comm/OneVoice frequencies. LCN finder was a dud with the frequencies and locations listed to that license, so the hunt continues.

OceanNora

The 436 has done well with the TD Garden system and was able to find LCNs for the Boston Park Plaza Hotel system, so I'm assuming it's operator error on my part rather than equipment error. Not to go off on a tangent, but I recall someone saying that the All-Comm system is now part of OneVoice. That doesn't really jibe with my monitoring, as the Talkgroups are much shorter than other OneVoice ones and the scanner states that it is a Capacity Plus rather than a Connect Plus system. I used the frequencies listed at Scan-NE for the All-Comm Boston site, so I'm not sure where the misunderstanding is.

OceanNora

I see, so All-Comm owns the OneVoice Connect Plus sites around here along with their own Capacity Plus system. My confusion arose from the fact that the Boston OneVoice site listed in RR actually seems to be the Cap+ site, if I'm understanding things correctly.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I have not personally confirmed all the Eastern MA & NH sites so I can't say what is accurate but what is on the RR listing is from programmed radios.
I believe the repeaters are not mode specific, that is, a Capacity Plus Site can be changed to a Connect Plus site. Perhaps they use some of the frequencies for existing Cap+ customers in that area.
You should get one of the frequencies on each site as a control channel.The only one I have confirmed is Site 64.
There is also a VT company that has sites on the OneVoice Network. VT and Eastern MA are not that busy.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.