Boston Police Channel 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanNora

For the past several months, it sounds like BPD Channel 26 (453.2000 D565, listed as facilities or services) sounds like it may be Boston School Police, can anyone confirm? I initially thought it may have been PAL-related as much of the transmissions related to games but today I heard units responding to a "911" at a school in Boston for a pepper spray release. BPD does have a School Police Unit along with BPS's own police service, but I don't believe it to be the SPU based on the fact that the base identifies as "base," and units identify as Tango Zulu 1xx.

OceanNora

not to necropost, but during listening today to an incident involving a large group of youths down in Grove Hall, I heard units on the channel stating that they were "off with Boston," implying that they were not BPD.

systech456

BPD CH 25 - BHA Housing Police
BPD CH 26 - Boston School Police
BPD CH 27 - Boston Health Commission Police

confirmed, from the radio shop.

OceanNora

Thank you so much for the info, it's great to finally have it confirmed after hearing it periodically for so long and being fairly sure. Any idea why the BPHC Police decided to move off of the TRS and onto a conventional frequency?

systech456

It was done for several reasons, mainly for officer safety via situational awareness by being on UHF and improved citywide coverage.
Also direct access/interop with BPD Dispatch Operations (Turret).
Same goes for School Police on BPD CH 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.