Boston south station

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I’m looking for the radio frequency for south station police and security in Boston I do know security on DMR I don’t know the frequency thank you

ecps92

South Station has no direct Police Force.
The area does get covered by MBTA, Amtrak and Boston Police

Security was on 464.3000, altho no recent reports
Business Radio Systems - Scan New England Wiki

There were reports of additional security using the VHF Train channels [Station Services]
Railroads - Scan New England Wiki

I’m looking for the radio frequency for south station police and security in Boston I do know security on DMR I don’t know the frequency thank you

A

Analog-Surf-1963

I’ve been getting the mbta police in zone 3 quit a bit lately don’t know if it full time or just patched for events

Pete N1EXA

A

Analog-Surf-1963

Had to look through my 15X

I have all of them in the radio but these 2 have activity on them at times.
Pete N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
The Transit Police have jurisdiction in areas outside the coverage of their UHF system. As a result, they have TGs on the MSP analog and the 700Mhz overlay.

53264 will be active on any Zone where there are units affiliated with a site. Since there are commuter rail stations in southeast MA, that's why you hear them on Zone 3.

They have jurisdiction in any city or town where there is T property or facilities.

A

Analog-Surf-1963

The Transit Police have jurisdiction in areas outside the coverage of their UHF system. As a result, they have TGs on the MSP analog and the 700Mhz overlay.

53264 will be active on any Zone where there are units affiliated with a site. Since there are commuter rail stations in southeast MA, that's why you hear them on Zone 3.

They have jurisdiction in any city or town where there is T property or facilities.

Well we had Some ( T ) passenger cars with the purple stripe sitting at in the rail yard in New Bedford for a long time.

Besides the yard frequency 160.425 here I get the MBTA Lakeville Station allot to on another frequency too.

Pete N1EXA

A

Analog-Surf-1963

Yes the mbta police are on Zone 3

Which is a patch from their UHF work
Radios

Pete N1EXA

ecps92

No - South Station is not on a TRS, nor on the Commonwealths TRS

Yes - the MBTA Police, have patches from the UHF T-Band to some TG's on the Commonwealths [MSP] trunk within various Zones/Towers [1,3 and 5]

OK so you telling me that the south station is on a trunk system

garys

Premium Subscriber
There is an old listing on Scan-ne.net of 464.3000 PL 100.0 for South Station security. That's from 2012, so I have no idea if it's still valid or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.