Bought/Received New Key. Won't work in any of my computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire3456

I used PayPal and received new "name" and "Key".

On 2 of my computers...it won't allow me to replace the old "name" and "key". I can't delete or write over the old 'name' and 'key'.

I downloaded and installed the newest version of Win96. I'm able to log on to the site, and this forum...so I have my screen name and password correct.

My oldest computer, I used an older version. I was able to put the keys in....but the same Error comes up on Every Computer!

The Error Reads :

Access Denied. You do not have a current, active permium subscription.

I paid $30. I received the email with my new information. How do I use it???

Mike_G_D

New Key

Fire3456,

It sounds like you are confusing registering your software with the premium subscription status on RR - the two are completely separate so having one does not automatically mean you have the other.

In other words, if you want to use the downloadable database capability of RR you need to become a premium subscriber and pay some amount (can't remember what it is but I think it was pretty small). This is regardless of whatever software you use to program your scanner. Registering your software is completely separate from this.

Also, from the sound of it, I think you may have paid for two or more registering's of your Win96 program - if so, you really didn't need to do this. If you registered Win96 once you could have used that same program on unlimited numbers of PC's using your original key and name - very nice of Don Starr! I do not understand your attempt to overwrite your old key and name with a new key and name - once you have registered the program and have entered the key and name on a particular PC you no longer have to enter them until you either reconfigure your entire system (say reload the OS and/or replace the motherboard) or install it on a completely different PC. Either way, as I said before, your original key and name should work fine - no new one required. I don't even think the program has an option to rewrite the key and name, at least I don't know of one.

If you did "over register" you might try writing an email to Don Starr or using this forum to ask him politely to see if he can refund your money. I would think if he understands that you were confused and misunderstood what needed to be done that he will understand. Another option might be to ask him to put the extra money toward a different program which may be useful if you have another scanner model capable of being programmed by a WINXX program.

Hope this helps!

-Mike

Fire3456

THANK YOU! I now understand. MY MISTAKE!!! I just needed to register with RR again!!!

I thought the error message meant I needed to purchase a new key for WIN96. So I purchased a new key. Not a big deal to pay a little extra to someone that developed such a great program. And it was totally my mistake.

I registered with RR (which is what I needed to do), and got that back up to premium service again... and everything now works!!!!

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DonS

THANK YOU! I now understand. MY MISTAKE!!! I just needed to register with RR again!!!

I thought the error message meant I needed to purchase a new key for WIN96. So I purchased a new key. Not a big deal to pay a little extra to someone that developed such a great program. And it was totally my mistake.

I registered with RR (which is what I needed to do), and got that back up to premium service again... and everything now works!!!!

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you'll email me ( don@starrsoft.com ) the "old" name / key info that appears in Win96's Help -> License window, I'll refund the recent transaction. There's no good reason for you to pay a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.