Bowling Green Corvette Factory TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I just went to Bowling Green to take a tour of the factory, and I programmed the factory's Motorola trunking system into my PRO-93. I noticed when I was in the factory parking lot, I got no control channel noise on all the control frequencies, even when I turned squelch all the way down, no CC. Is the system out of service or something?

Thanks guys! :)

jerk

KCChiefs9690 said:
I just went to Bowling Green to take a tour of the factory, and I programmed the factory's Motorola trunking system into my PRO-93. I noticed when I was in the factory parking lot, I got no control channel noise on all the control frequencies, even when I turned squelch all the way down, no CC. Is the system out of service or something?
Thanks guys! :)

Bummer :( As far as I can tell there is no trunked system in operation at that plant. It is all UHF 464.xxx

RR has a lot of wrong information in it, which I find the same as you, travelling, But you do have the listing for the Ford plant in Louisville though.

AL

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
newsalan said:
RR has a lot of wrong information in it,

AL

Only way to correct that wrong info is if people submit correct info or tell us database admins what is wrong :)
I don't think we have "a lot" of wrong info...at least for the areas I cover everything is current and up to date but if you see something wrong please let us know!
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

benjaminfs733

The information is not wrong. The FCC shows license for the plant but the plant does not use it for some reason. I live in BG and have programed it in for several years and I have never heard it used or even on. I don't konw what they use. Sorry hope this helps.

Ben

jerk

benjaminfs733 said:
The information is not wrong. The FCC shows license for the plant but the plant does not use it for some reason. I live in BG and have programed it in for several years and I have never heard it used or even on. I don't konw what they use. Sorry hope this helps.

Ben

The FCC license database shows 800Mhz frequencies for General Motors, Bowling Green? I guess I misssed it.

I did a quick search and did not find any 800Mhz frequencies, now I did find some 464 MHz frequencies, but have not had to the time to go back and update RR, and not so inclined to do so either since RR has become more capitalistic, (I.E. subscription fees), so I am exercising my capitalistic tendencies by not participating or buying right at the moment.

Now I do have Ford Truck Plant in Louisville confirmed and almost ready to go, but have not gotten around to it for the above reasons, and what is listed in RR for GM Bowling Green, is what the Ford plant in Louisville is using. Which is not correct for GM. Or did I miss something in the FCC database?

Plus I'm not from that area, so I could not listen to verify correctness, just going by what is in FCC records. I didn't even try scan the plant as I traveled through last May, but not my cup of tea for monitoring either.

AL

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
newsalan said:
RR has a lot of wrong information in it...
AL

I am just a little miffed, Al, that's the reason for a four day delay in reply to your statement. The database in its basic form will remain free to all. Those who pay the subscription may access the added features which weren't available without the contribution earlier.... My concern, however, is that you say here there is "a lot of wrong information..." yet you don't feel inclined to contribute the corrected information.... you identify a problem then perpetuate the problem... submit corrections for the incorrect information.

Last edited:

jerk

unitcharlie said:
I am just a little miffed, Al, that's the reason for a four day delay in reply to your statement. The database in its basic form will remain free to all. Those who pay the subscription may access the added features which weren't available without the contribution earlier.... My concern, however, is that you say here there is "a lot of wrong information..." yet you don't feel inclined to contribute the corrected information.... you identify a problem then perpetuate the problem... submit corrections for the incorrect information.

Hey, I don't live in Bowling Green... There is one person that does, why don't you send him a message to update the database. And I don't even live in KY for that matter.

And I have submitted correct and corrected information many times, but at this point I do not feel inclined to update RR. And yes, RR is not correct, when I travel I find information wrong or out of date, or non-existent. That is my point, sorry you disagree or don't like it, but that's the way it is from where I stand.

But I have submitted info for my area, and for Louisville, so you have no beef with me, me thinks you're trying to start one though, get on the guy that lives in Bowling Green that knows GM doesn't use the frequencies. I've been through there twice, coming and going, and did not turn on my scanner or did I have the frequencies in the scanner.

And yes, I am capitalist, so I disagree with Lindsey and push for more money, and now a CD fro money. I choose not to participate. But on the other hand, I don't live anywhere near Bowling Green, nor do I monitor that type of system on a regular basis.

But since everybody get their panties in a bunch over my freewill, I guess I'll conveniently lose the Ford Truck plant information I was going to submit. Yes, I guess that makes me a bad hobbyist too.

And yes the basic data is free for now, but how long before a fee is charged. First it was donation of five dollars, then a larger amount for access, then to a quarterly subscription fee, which I think is to high a price, and at this point I don't plan on paying it. So yes, I think the price will again increase, as history shows us, and then I imagine access will be restricted as well. Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

AL

jerk

benjaminfs733 said:

Ben

This is what I found, I don't know if active, PL tones or anything else, don't even know which is the factory, museum or anything else about Bowling Green, but these frequencies should work if in use, and I have no reason to doubt that they would not be using some type of radio communications.

General Motors Research Corp.
All are IG Type
WNJB815
463.8750 -- 468.8750

WSE770 at 600 Corvette Dr.
462.3000 -- 467.3000

WSE771 at 600 Corvette Dr.
462.000 -- 467.2000

benjaminfs733

Thanks for the information. The last time that I looked into the trunked system on the FCC database was about 5 years ago. I know that it was there but I guess it is not now. I will have to listen to what you found and see if we can identify and add to the database. Many people come to BG to go the plant. Thanks for the update, by the way has any one corrected it yet. I will if no one has.

Ben

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hey Alan,
I know you have been around for a little while so you know how RR.com works...let me explain why Unitcharlie & I had some problems with your comments:
1) Your Blanket statement that "RR has a lot of wrong information in it" comes across as a slap in the face to each and everyone of us database admins (and the rr.com community that submits info)...we work hard each day to make sure the info is as correct as possible...is it (or will it ever be) 100% correct? Heck no...changes happen everyday but I disagree with your statement that there is "alot" of wrong info in the database...again: I point out that if YOU see info that YOU know is wrong it is up to YOU to help us correct that info...that is the only way the database will improve...but then again I guess everyone else is supposed to do all the work for ya and just let you download from the database...so the next time I visit my family/friends in Floyd County, KY and I find frequency/channel changes then I won't bother submitting the new info cause it ain't my problem the database is incorrect!! :roll: No Sir!! I will just let it remain wrong and hope that sometime down the road someone else will bother to fix the problem..even though I could have myself...
2) You seem to have a beef with how Lindsay runs the site....ok, I understand you don't like the new subscription format but I disagree with your vision of the future...Lindsay has always said from day 1 back when this site was trunkedradio.net that the database will always be free...database is still free today...Lindsay has always been a straight shooter 100% honest with me...I would not be here as a Moderator/Database Admin if I did not believe in his integrity and did not believe he has the site's best interests at heart....seems like you want to believe the worst in people instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt....
3) And your witholding the Ford Truck plant info shows how immature you are..."Someone confronts me so forget you! I am taking my toys and going home!" Yes, that really helps our opinion of how you handled this situation...
Again, I respect every RR.com member that helps make RR.com better...that includes taking a few extra seconds and correcting databases mistakes (since according to you there are so many)....I respect Lindsay for giving us a place to improve the hobby...and I respect your opinion so I will leave this thread open so mature discussion can continue...
Again, Just my 2 cents and I could be wrong...
Marshall KE4ZNR

newsalan said:
Hey, I don't live in Bowling Green... There is one person that does, why don't you send him a message to update the database. And I don't even live in KY for that matter.

And I have submitted correct and corrected information many times, but at this point I do not feel inclined to update RR. And yes, RR is not correct, when I travel I find information wrong or out of date, or non-existent. That is my point, sorry you disagree or don't like it, but that's the way it is from where I stand.

But I have submitted info for my area, and for Louisville, so you have no beef with me, me thinks you're trying to start one though, get on the guy that lives in Bowling Green that knows GM doesn't use the frequencies. I've been through there twice, coming and going, and did not turn on my scanner or did I have the frequencies in the scanner.

And yes, I am capitalist, so I disagree with Lindsey and push for more money, and now a CD fro money. I choose not to participate. But on the other hand, I don't live anywhere near Bowling Green, nor do I monitor that type of system on a regular basis.

But since everybody get their panties in a bunch over my freewill, I guess I'll conveniently lose the Ford Truck plant information I was going to submit. Yes, I guess that makes me a bad hobbyist too.

And yes the basic data is free for now, but how long before a fee is charged. First it was donation of five dollars, then a larger amount for access, then to a quarterly subscription fee, which I think is to high a price, and at this point I don't plan on paying it. So yes, I think the price will again increase, as history shows us, and then I imagine access will be restricted as well. Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

AL

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Marshall,
I concur and resubmit my earlier post on the matter to reiterate....

The strength of rr.com is the people who take it upon themselves to make sure the entire user base--registered or not, paid or not--has access to confirmed local information submitted or validated by people who confirm it locally and submit it for all to use as needed/desired....

This is why rr.com IS THE STANDARD to which others are compared.

Last edited:

jerk

KE4ZNR said:
Hey Alan,
I know you have been around for a little while so you know how RR.com works...let me explain why Unitcharlie & I had some problems with your comments:
(SNIP to save space)

Again, Just my 2 cents and I could be wrong...
Marshall KE4ZNR

Let’s see name calling, which makes me feel good about posting and helping out here.

I don't live in Bowling Green, I travel there and it's wrong information. I just returned from Northern Kentucky, gee what do you know, wrong frequencies, and trunking information. Again, RR has wrong information in it. And in Kentucky imagine that.

The information in my area I submit. What I am saying as I travel, I find lots of wrong information. And it's NOT up to me to submit the right information.

The information in my area is correct. Well most of it anyways. Some changed recently. And yes I maybe immature, I may not meet your vision of a scanner user, but I don't care. Giving me a lecture certainly isn’t going to change my mind. Look at what I have posted in all of my threads, is it helpful? Is it useful? Sounds like I’m certainly grown up compared to some people on RR. I guess what I have contributed is not appreciated.

What I find is wrong information. And yes some of it is in Kentucky, but I don't live there, and I really don't have time to correct, post, and put that information here. There are far more users down in Kentucky (and other States) that can do so and choose NOT to update the database. So don’t beef at me, take it up with them.

And I’m wondering what the point is about replying here to me… perhaps it might be better to send a “newsletter” or “message” to all members saying it only helps RR if you update what you know to be wrong in YOUR area. I only find the errors after I travel there with my scanner.

AL

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
newsalan said:
Let’s see name calling, which makes me feel good about posting and helping out here.

I don't live in Bowling Green, I travel there and it's wrong information. I just returned from Northern Kentucky, gee what do you know, wrong frequencies, and trunking information. Again, RR has wrong information in it. And in Kentucky imagine that.

The information in my area I submit. What I am saying as I travel, I find lots of wrong information. And it's NOT up to me to submit the right information.

The information in my area is correct. Well most of it anyways. Some changed recently. And yes I maybe immature, I may not meet your vision of a scanner user, but I don't care. Giving me a lecture certainly isn’t going to change my mind. Look at what I have posted in all of my threads, is it helpful? Is it useful? Sounds like I’m certainly grown up compared to some people on RR. I guess what I have contributed is not appreciated.

What I find is wrong information. And yes some of it is in Kentucky, but I don't live there, and I really don't have time to correct, post, and put that information here. There are far more users down in Kentucky (and other States) that can do so and choose NOT to update the database. So don’t beef at me, take it up with them.

And I’m wondering what the point is about replying here to me… perhaps it might be better to send a “newsletter” or “message” to all members saying it only helps RR if you update what you know to be wrong in YOUR area. I only find the errors after I travel there with my scanner.

AL
I'm with you. When you travel, or go on vacation in my situation, I am not going to necessarily write down wrong freqs that need correcting. It takes away from my vacation. Bowling Green is definetely not a small city, so someone from Bowling Green must be a member of this site. Or, people that have the time to submit them can gladely do so. I submit for my county and surrounding counties all the time, because I have time when I'm sitting at home. Just my 2 cents

benjaminfs733

Wow, I feel as if I have just taken a beating. I live in Bowling Green and I only know of 1 other member (in the BG area) who is really active in this hobby on this site. Both of us work for agencies which use the city/county trunked system. I can assure you that all of the public safety data is very accurate.
As far as the other data. As I stated before, last I looked about 4 or 5 years ago the GM plant still had the trunked system (according to the FCC), however, I never heard it used. I will try to do better updating and posting, however, I must say that just as you don't want to "waste your vacation time" by taking a few seconds to request changes I am not interested in taking the time to listen to business freq.'s to see what is accurate and what is not when I am not interested in listen to business freq.'s.
And for the record I whish that scanning was as bigger hobby in Kentucky as it is in IN and OH, however, the long and short of it is there are just a few of us (on this site) who do a great deal of the work posting for Kentucky. We do the best we can and would request encouragement to post and help and not criticism of our state.

Ben

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
benjaminfs733 said:
Wow, I feel as if I have just taken a beating. I live in Bowling Green and I only know of 1 other member (in the BG area) who is really active in this hobby on this site. Both of us work for agencies which use the city/county trunked system. I can assure you that all of the public safety data is very accurate.
. . .
We do the best we can and would request encouragement to post and help and not criticism of our state.

Ben
There is no need to take a beating... or feel as if you have taken on. Most of the folks I know in this Commonwealth don't monitor business freqs, their interest is Public Safety or more specialized... I have been to Bowling Green more than a few times and have been to the Corvette Plant a few of those times and have monitored Bowling Green and Warren County, but not the GM Facilities (the trunked system license has been cancelled, there are conventional freqs still listed, however).

As a serious scannist I appreciate the submissions to the Kentucky database by people in all areas of the state who help keep this site updated. Perhaps I am a little too serious, however, when I am listening and notice incorrect information (or, as has happened fairly often this year in Central Kentucky)-- changed information (mostly PL tones to DPL tones) I make a note of it.... I also have at least one scanner doing searches for new or changed information and then verify it as possible.

How can we as Kentucky Scannists entice more people in kentucky to become active on this site... the more ears the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.