Box Elder County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjmuhle

I was just curious as to if anyone has monitored the Brigham City frequencies such as police and ems lately, I looked up the frequency database for the county and it hasn't been updated in over 10 years. Is it still on analog frequencies or have they switched to phase 1 digital?

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
box elder county

no they are still on the ucan radio and it is still analog
And i think the old vhf uhf freq are no longer used .
i could be wrong on the Vhf and uhf how ever.

Tjmuhle

@kc7rhw
ok thank you for clearing that up for me! I ordered a uniden 436hp so I can still receive the analog and in case they go digital in the future. I can't wait to try it out it looks like a great radio

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
uniden radio

it is a good radio however it could be hard to program compared to other radios there is a learning curve

phillbilly88

Premium Subscriber
New to forum

I live in the pleasant grove area and can't seem to pick up the police or any other of the surrounding areas please help I have a baofeng UV-5R that is programmable to not transmit I can hear the 70cm. Repeater just fine just not much else

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
if you are needing to hear the police and fire you need a scanner that can receive Trunk radio.
everything between brigham city and provo utah is on the UCAN systems.
check the radio reference data for freq and talk group information your UV-5R radio will not receive anything any more but ham radio and others but not police or fire

yaesu_dave

The UCAN simulcast of Box Elder County Sheriff is still on 155.595, and the UCAN simulcast of Box Elder Fire is still on 154.355. The Box Elder County Sheriff UCAN simulcast for Cache County may also still be broadcast on 154.665 as well. I'm in the NE part of Ogden and have no trouble hearing both the sheriff and fire departments on VHF. If you're outside the Box Elder/Weber County area, you'll probably need an external antenna or a good handheld aftermarket antenna to receive the VHF simulcast.

Last edited:

huntingbuddy

I was just curious as to if anyone has monitored the Brigham City frequencies such as police and ems lately, I looked up the frequency database for the county and it hasn't been updated in over 10 years. Is it still on analog frequencies or have they switched to phase 1 digital?
I am on SAR in Box Elder County and we use the VHF frequencies. That is why the 800mhz is simulcast over the VHF frequencies. All the officers have 800mhz radios but SAR is pretty much VHF. We are slowing migrating to 800mhz as we get hand me down's from the sheriff's office. For the foreseeable future, we will be on VHF.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
box elder dispatching "mike" units

Recently I've heard mike units signing on and off to box elder dispatch through the simulcast.....any idea what mike units are?

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the prompt reply. I would have never guessed Mantua was big enough to have it's own law enforcement - its always been the sheriff or uhp responding to calls there......

N7YUO

Thanks for the prompt reply. I would have never guessed Mantua was big enough to have it's own law enforcement - its always been the sheriff or uhp responding to calls there......

Remember to obey the speed limit as you pass by Mantua or you will get to know their Law Enforcement up close and personal. Fox 13 even had a news story about it.

yaesu_dave

Remember to obey the speed limit as you pass by Mantua or you will get to know their Law Enforcement up close and personal. Fox 13 even had a news story about it.

Is there actually more than one officer in Mantua? My old boss used to live in Mantua, and he told me the only cop they had was the one that runs radar at the 89/91 interchange all day trying to catch speeders.

Some other Box Elder County unit identifiers:

Whiskey=Willard

Golf=Garland

Papa=Perry

Tango=Tremonton

huntingbuddy

Is there actually more than one officer in Mantua? My old boss used to live in Mantua, and he told me the only cop they had was the one that runs radar at the 89/91 interchange all day trying to catch speeders.

Some other Box Elder County unit identifiers:

Whiskey=Willard

Golf=Garland

Papa=Perry

Tango=Tremonton

I believe there are up to 5 mantua officers, although the chief is the only officer that is full time. The other officers are part-time. The officer that ran radar all the time has retired, while you still shouldn't speed I rarely if ever see anybody running radar through Mantua.

radioman1044

Feed Provider
I live in the pleasant grove area and can't seem to pick up the police or any other of the surrounding areas please help I have a baofeng UV-5R that is programmable to not transmit I can hear the 70cm. Repeater just fine just not much else

I would recommend you just log into the scanner app on your phone-- fast easy and way less expensive.
Cheers
N7ZDR

Status
Not open for further replies.