Bradley Co EMA new radio system article

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Most patrol officers have NO CLUE about the radio plans. All they care about is *Does it work when I push this button to talk?* Yeah, you have a few that actually give a dang about tech, but most could care less as long as its working. With the exception of those politically connected and knowing this is an good way to get brownie points with higher ups, or get votes when they decide to run for an spot on the food chain. At least half of us on this site know more about, and care more about, the radios in use than most patrol officers. Just the way it is.

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
So with this move, in terms of the remaining Cleveland-Bradley County Public Safety agencies, this leaves us with only the Cleveland Fire Department and the MAC (Multi-Agency) frequencies that are still in use on VHF (non-P25)?

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Paging seems to be the key. If the agency still depends upon pagers, then they continue to have limited use of VHF. I've been told that TACN is not capable of paging, but I suspect that means merely that Cleveland and Bradley County agencies have not purchased the equipment to use paging on TACN. I've heard paging on TACN talkgroups in other localities.

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
Bradley County Public Safety TVRCS/TACN P25

From the article below and from what I've been able to monitor so far this week, Bradley County Public Safety Agencies (with the possible exception of Bradley County Constables) have fully migrated to the TVRCS/TACN P25 digital system.

"Spence said that as of Monday, every emergency response Bradley County is now on the TVRCS."

Troy Spence to repeat in advisory group role | The Cleveland Daily Banner

CFD288

I can confirm that as of Monday 12/19/16 Cleveland Fire is on TACN 800 MHz. Initial alarm tones stilll going out on old VHF frequency, all other traffic ( units en route, on scene, size up report, in service, etc) are on the 800 MHz talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.