Brandon Fire/Rankin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Don't need lcn for a p25 system.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

LCNs are only needed for EDACS, LTR, and DMR.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
They have already moved to phase 2 which is probably why you are not hearing them. I have them broadcasting on the Jackson feed so you can listen to this link and compare it to your scanner. I added a key up tone to JFD to distinguish them from all other traffic.

Jackson Police and Fire
Jfd is TDMA?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

If you confirm this, I will update the DB accordingly.

scott

Feed Provider
scott do you have the new mswin set up on the radio as of yet i have to send a update to the lcn for the hinds county setup

It is using MSWIN. I will send you my config file through message here in a minute so you can take a look. I turned on my old bcd996xt a couple of days ago and did not hear JFD while my p2 was receiving it loud and clear. I could still hear JPD on the xt.

I am still using the Jackson tower with all my previous TGs although the signal strength has changed. I'm currently using a high gain 800 mobile antenna cause my yagi signal went to nothing. I'm assuming I have the antenna pointed the wrong direction or the techs repointed the tower antenna (assuming it's directional).

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
It is using MSWIN. I will send you my config file through message here in a minute so you can take a look. I turned on my old bcd996xt a couple of days ago and did not hear JFD while my p2 was receiving it loud and clear. I could still hear JPD on the xt.

I am still using the Jackson tower with all my previous TGs although the signal strength has changed. I'm currently using a high gain 800 mobile antenna cause my yagi signal went to nothing. I'm assuming I have the antenna pointed the wrong direction or the techs repointed the tower antenna (assuming it's directional).

Take a look at the new P25 Simulcast mapping feature of the DB. It will show you ALL the sites in the new simulcast locations. That will allow you to set up for the site closest to you etc...
MSWIN Site 02-056 Hinds County Simulcast
Hinds County Simulcast Site Details (Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN))

fireman050

I was hearing JFD on the old system up until yesterday and sometime last night everything went silent on me still hear JFD on the old system still can't pick up anyone in hinds county on mswin yet

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The new Hinds County site is an 5 tower LSM simulcast. All 5 towers broadcast the exact same traffic at the same time. Which is why scanners have issues with LSM sites/systems. If you live pretty close to one tower, you may not get blasted with simulcast digital multipath distortion. If you're equally distant, or in the crossing of multiple towers things get iffy. There is a lot of data on this, and possible fixes etc. But yes, you want to program this site in for the MSWIN as it is the primary site Hinds County is using, followed by the 700 MHz sites surrounding it, and the other local MSWIN sites. They will also have access to the Madison/Ridgeland 800 MHz sites, and the Rankin County simulcast.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
From what I am told, as of April 1, 2017, the old system will be fully vacated. I am almost willing to bet that it will also be offlined then and all freqs turned over to the MSWIN. Start watching the Warren Co TRS closely... And to tie this all together...

Hinds has now fully joined Rankin on the MSWIN.

scott

Feed Provider
Take a look at the new P25 Simulcast mapping feature of the DB. It will show you ALL the sites in the new simulcast locations. That will allow you to set up for the site closest to you etc...
MSWIN Site 02-056 Hinds County Simulcast
Hinds County Simulcast Site Details (Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN))

I love that feature! Thanks for that. I see the problem now so I'll be able to repoint my yagi this weekend.

Did you ever find an answer to TDMA? I was thinking Pro96Com would tell me that, but their website doesn't show support for a BCD996P2. Anyone ever tried that model with Pro96Com?

fireman050

Thx to Scott I can now hear jfd and all of hinds county again only thing i need now is two seperate config files to add amr and rankin county back to my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.