Branson Area range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
According to database regulations, it's set this way to basically 'cover' the city of Branson's city limit area. It's all up to you in your scanner what you want to use. Test and find out is the best way, I would say. But, like you are doing, it doesn't hurt to ask!

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
If you are talking about MOSWIN sites, the Branson area has always been spotty for reception and I think within the last year or so they added a site. Not sure. It seems like they are doing something similar to what St Louis City has done with their sites. There is a site that covers the old football dome that only goes a mile or so and the site at Lambert Airport is the same. You get on Hwy 70 near the Rock Road and the signal drops.

Speaking of the city and their two main sites (north and south) I have noticed a ton of TG's that come from the north site do not go through the south site. Some of the FD's command channels do not use the south site. I find that odd. I have missed a lot of traffic from that site until I figured out what was going on.

And the site at the comms center downtown, I believe, doesn't even work. I don't think I have heard a peep out of it for years unless there is an odd way they use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.