Broadcastify Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
“Live Audio Feed Administration” and “Live Audio Listener Support”

Will the Broadcastify site have its own type of mini forums page at least carrying the following two Topic titles “Live Audio Feed Administration” and “Live Audio Listener Support”? Or will these remain at RR? If not at RR, where will this type of information be found at the Broadcastify site if at all, perhaps its own wiki page?

Thanks

Ken

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
I am planning to keep my feed running, but I am interested in setting up a private feed as well. Will these be available on the new site?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Will the Broadcastify site have its own type of mini forums page at least carrying the following two Topic titles “Live Audio Feed Administration” and “Live Audio Listener Support”? Or will these remain at RR? If not at RR, where will this type of information be found at the Broadcastify site if at all, perhaps its own wiki page?

Thanks

Ken

We will have a FAQ and articles on Broadcastify with the appropriate content. The discussion forums will still stay here but be more generic in live audio coverage vs. specific to RR.

kf4sek

Lindsay and staff, I know you want to keep it strictly question and answer. However, I must say, I cannot wait until the new site is up and running. You guys provide such a wonderful service, with so much content hosted. Bandwidth, server maintenance, electricity, lightning protection, etc. cost a h3!! of a lot of money. For you to provide free access to the site, with the option of being a premium member, is awesome. You could make it strictly pay-per-access for everything. But, you guys don't and I thank you. Keep up the great work! I do also have a question regarding the new site. I just wanted to show some love as they say for a great site!

Now my question... Will the interactive map be used at the new site? Or, will there be a brand new interface for finding and selecting feeds? I am strictly a web listener. So the interactive map makes it easy to find the feed I want to listen to. If I missed this in the original release, I apologize for the redundancy.

I will continue to be a supporter of this site and will most likely become a premium member of the new site, also. Thank you and again, keep up the great work!

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now my question... Will the interactive map be used at the new site? Or, will there be a brand new interface for finding and selecting feeds? I am strictly a web listener. So the interactive map makes it easy to find the feed I want to listen to. If I missed this in the original release, I apologize for the redundancy.

The interactive maps will be used and available just like currently in use on RR.

paparazzo

Feed Provider
HAM Radio Feeds

Hi all,

when looking to the preview of the new platform website i can't see a button for HAMRADIO.
Are the HAM feeds covered by one of the "headlines" or "buttons" or are the HAMRADIO Feeds not longer
maintained on the new platform?

Thanks, Jochen df1vb / kh2mm
German HAMRADIO Feedprovider of the DB0TT Repeater

N1ASS

Broadcastify live audio feeds??????

As a live feed provider are we still going to able to access R.R. via Butel and Home Patrol Sentinel and have the free access as we have now as feed providers???????
Thank you,Bill / N1ASS.73.......

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi all,

when looking to the preview of the new platform website i can't see a button for HAMRADIO.
Are the HAM feeds covered by one of the "headlines" or "buttons" or are the HAMRADIO Feeds not longer
maintained on the new platform?

Thanks, Jochen df1vb / kh2mm
German HAMRADIO Feedprovider of the DB0TT Repeater

Amateur Radio Feeds will definitely be supported on Broadcastify.com

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
As a live feed provider are we still going to able to access R.R. via Butel and Home Patrol Sentinel and have the free access as we have now as feed providers???????
Thank you,Bill / N1ASS.73.......

Bill, as per the announcement:

Feed providers will ALWAYS receive a free premium subscription on Broadcastify.com, however they will no longer receive a free premium subscription on RadioReference.com. We will provide a complimentary 90 day RadioReference.com subscription to every active feed provider after the transition is complete on 10/15.

N7KGD

Broadcastify Link Format

What will the new Broadcastify link look like?
I am about to release an update to an application with links in it, and would just as soon not have to redo it all again within a month. If I can know what the new link will look like, I can be ahead of the game and simply hold my release until Oct 15.

Old Link: http: // www. radioreference. com/ apps/ audio/ ?feedId=NNNNNN
New Link: ???

Ignore the added spaces in the above link... they were added to fool the posting editor into not processing the link.

Thanks,

Tim

ltjhebert

What will I be losing by not having a premium RR account? Will the general public be charged for listening to feeds on the new site?

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Hi Lindsay,

I have more of a suggestion than a question. Is it possible with this new service that any listener can activate an alert for a feed when a notable event happens? For example, the other day there was a large fire within my feed area and there were a significant amount of listeners, but I was at work with no way to type in an alert. I think this would be a great feature especially tied in with the premium SMS alerting, and is a very good way to crowd-source emergency event information from out listeners.

Also, I'd like to say I think this transition will definitely be a good thing, especially looking towards the future.

Jason

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
As a live feed provider are we still going to able to access R.R. via Butel and Home Patrol Sentinel and have the free access as we have now as feed providers?
Web service access to the RR Database is, I believe, included with the purchase of the Uniden Home Patrol 1 scanner. Sentinel should still be able to download from the RR Database.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
...but if I have to pay $83 annually to keep a feed updated, then I'll probably be part of the attrition you estimate that will pull the plug once feed-provider benefits run out.
First off, RadioReference and Broadcastify will be separate entities. While Broadcastify is built on the live audio streaming infrastructure that RR built, it will be a separate web site.

The ability to access and view the RadioReference Database is free. That is not changing.

A Premium Subscription to RadioReference is $30 for 360 days. That is not changing. That Premium Subscription gets you, among other things, the ability to use the RadioReference Database web service which third-party programs use to download data. As a feed provider, you've been getting a $2.50/month value.

A Premium Subscription to Broadcastify will be $6.95/month. That will get you, among other things, access to the live audio archives.

As a feed provider, you will get a complimentary subscription to Broadcastify, a $6.95/month value. All active feed providers will be granted a free 90 day premium subscription on RadioReference.com when the transition occurs on Oct 15th.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Feed Bonus Incentives?

Lindsay,

Question: Will Broadcastify offer Feed providers bonuses incentives for maximum listeners at one time on a particular feed (Big Incident) Example: 1500 listeners and upward as has/had been done with Radio Reference?

If this has been mentioned before elsewhere in "other" RR forums please forgive the duplication.

Thanks Again,

Jersey_Ken

SCPD

QRT
Smart move - Look forward to this.

Will the broadcast rules remain the same (No Tactical, yada-yada)?

I see API's won't change but will we need to re-copy any script for pages or will this roll with the API automatically?

Looks fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.