SDS100/SDS200: Broken battery door clip due to large battery tightness

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
They did prepaid shipping for me. Mine arrived on Friday but I did not see it in the system yet. I did leave them a not about it. Let’s hope the turn around time is quicker.

rcool101

Feed Provider
They did prepaid shipping for me. Mine arrived on Friday but I did not see it in the system yet. I did leave them a not about it. Let’s hope the turn around time is quicker.
Yea called that number and they emailed me the prepaid Fed Ex label too. On the note I wrote I asked for another battery cover...Something is not right....Thanks

Last edited:

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
My guess it will be around 20 working days as usual.
With the summer months here, we see a lot more marine radios coming in for repair. Hopefully it won't be the case, but taking longer in repair would be normal at this time of the year.

n5gqb

I gotta contact someone at Uniden... I sent mine off to have the broken battery clip replaced (with receipt copy, repair form-still under warranty) and got a bill in the mail for $97 - $98 just the other day saying repair not covered and need to send in proof of purchase if I felt otherwise, even though I already did with unit.
The form letter didn't say anything more specific about why not covered. Guess I'll find out soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rcool101

Feed Provider
With the summer months here, we see a lot more marine radios coming in for repair. Hopefully it won't be the case, but taking longer in repair would be normal at this time of the year.
Shipped it 6/17/2019 Monday....Got my SRO # Tuesday 6/25 ...Tracking # says 7/01 delivery...I requested a new battery cover too. It is included with the new clip. I've sent about 5 or 6 items for repair. Some warranty and some not, Fastest turnaround yet
  • 06/25/2019 UNIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED

• 06/26/2019 IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED

• 06/27/2019 UNIT HAS BEEN SHIPPED

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed last week on my SDS100 the door seems easier to undo. I'm not sure if there is a weak spot somewhere it does clip and hold the door and big battery good. I do change out the battery often cause I charge the battery with external charger. This unit has never been dropped.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed last week on my SDS100 the door seems easier to undo. I'm not sure if there is a weak spot somewhere it does clip and hold the door and big battery good. I do change out the battery often cause I charge the battery with external charger. This unit has never been dropped.

Possibly the foam in the battery compartment that keeps the battery tight is compressing allowing the latch to work easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.