BSO Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acostanavy

I have a quick question. When you are looking at the alpha tag for a particular channel, for example BSO 10A and 10B, I understand that the 10 means Miramar. What does the A or B or E mean?

Thanks.

P.S. Does it mean what I just posted?

BROWARD COUNTY ASC CODES

___Alpha (Patrol Midnight Tour) ___November P.S.O.
___Bravo (Patrol Day Tour) ___Oscar Boats, Divers
___Charlie (Patrol Evening Tour) ___Papa Aircraft
___Delta Sergeants ___Quebec Med Exam, St. Atty,
___Echo Lieutenants Training Disaster
___Foxtrot Foot Patrol ___Romeo Reserves
___Golf Unassigned ___Sierra Sheriff, Chief, Adm,
___Hotel Transportation Capt
___India Airports & Port ___Tango Traffic
___Juliet Juvenile ___Uniform Off Duty Personnel
___Kilo Detectives
___Victor Org. Crim (Vice)
___Lima Technical ___Whiskey Civil Divison
___Mike EMS ___Yankee Tac, Selective Enfor.
___Zulu Crime Control
1 Broward Sheriff's Office 17 Davie PD
2 Sunrise PD 21 EMS
3 Margate PD 23 Hacienda Village PD
4 Plantation PD 25 Sea Ranch Lake PD
5 Tamarac PD 27 Parkland PD
6 Lauderhill PD 31 State Attorney's Office
7 N. Lauderhill PD 33 Medical Examiner
8 Lauderdale Lakes PD 42 Mercy
9 Coral Springs PD 43 American
10 Miramar PD 44 National
11 Cooper City PD 45 A.I.C.
12 Pembroke Pines PD

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
The "10" means zone 10 in their radios. The A, B, C, D, etc. is the channel within that zone. 10A is just channel 10A; 10B is channel 10B, etc. Note that the BSO district number has nothing to do with the zone number in their radios. Motorola calls a particular group of channels (usually 16) a "Zone".

Here is a list of District Prefix numbers:

DIST. AREA COVERED

1 Pembroke Park / West Park
2 Dania Beach
3 Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport
4 Lauderdale Lakes
5 Central Unincorporated
6 Courthouse / Civil Division
7 Tamarac
8 Weston/West unincorporated
9 North unincorporated (unused)
10 Deerfield Beach
11 Pompano Beach
12 Oakland Park
13 Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
14 Port Everglades
15 North Lauderdale
16 Cooper City
17 Parkland
18 Southwest Ranches
20 (ex) Cooper City
21 Davie
23 Miramar
25 Pembroke Pines
26 Sea Ranch Lakes
28 Hallandale Beach
29 Lauderhill
36 Lighthouse Point

For example: "29 Bravo 2" would be a Lauderhill 7AM to 3PM shift patrol unit.

Acostanavy

Wow. Thanks for the extremely fast reply! So in your example, 29 Bravo 2, what does the 2 stand for? Also, what would be a good way to know what city, or district, you are listening to? Currently I have the scanner setup where it tells me the Channel Name and Site (e.g. Site 001 Ch 21) and the Alpha Tag (e.g. BSO 2A). Is there a better way to program a Pro-96.

I am willing to send you or anyone the file to touch it up. Better yet, recommend changes and let me figure it out.

Last question. I live in West Pembroke Pines. If I wanted to listen to lets say Homestead is it possible with just a Pro-96 and no external antennae? Somewhere I read it might have something to do with repeaters? What are repeaters and how do I take advantage of them?

I know I have a lot of questions but I enjoy this hobby and really want to get as much knowledge as I can to enjoy it even more.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Wow. Thanks for the extremely fast reply! So in your example, 29 Bravo 2, what does the 2 stand for? Also, what would be a good way to know what city, or district, you are listening to? Currently I have the scanner setup where it tells me the Channel Name and Site (e.g. Site 001 Ch 21) and the Alpha Tag (e.g. BSO 2A). Is there a better way to program a Pro-96.

I am willing to send you or anyone the file to touch it up. Better yet, recommend changes and let me figure it out.

Last question. I live in West Pembroke Pines. If I wanted to listen to lets say Homestead is it possible with just a Pro-96 and no external antennae? Somewhere I read it might have something to do with repeaters? What are repeaters and how do I take advantage of them?

I know I have a lot of questions but I enjoy this hobby and really want to get as much knowledge as I can to enjoy it even more.

In the example, the "2" just means unit 2. It could be any number.

The first number is the district number; that will tell you what city you're listening to. In the example, "29 Bravo 2", the 29 indicates it's the City of Lauderhill.

Did you check out the database elsewhere on this site? It will show you what cities are on what talkgroups. In your case, Pembroke Pines PD is dispatched on talkgroup 42096 on the Broward County trunked system, site 1. Here is a direct link to that information:

Broward County Public Services Trunking System, Broward County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

As far as hearing Homestead from Pembroke Pines, I think they're a bit too far away for that. The only thing you can do is to try it and see.

Acostanavy

Ok I think I figured out my question and where I was confused after looking at the database again.

Looking at the table below taken from the database, and as far as the alpha tag goes, the number after "BSO" designate the city of the BSO Department with the exception of 2* because it is used for the courts and detention I believe (BSO 12A is Pompano Beach). The letter following the number is just a "channel" in that city.

The rest of the cities have their own police force but are tied into the trunking system.

Am I correct?

BSO 1A BSO [reserved for future use]
BSO 2A Dania (D2), Port Everglades (D14), Airport(D3)
BSO 3A Weston (D8), Southwest Ranches (D9), Cooper City (D16)
BSO 4A Pembroke Park, W Park, & South (D1), Hallandale Beach (D28)
BSO 5A Davie (D21)
BSO 2H CDC Dispatch
BSO 6A Central UnInc (D5), Lauderhill (D29)
BSO 2K Detention 1
BSO 7A Oakland Park (D12), Lauderdale Lakes (D4)
BSO 8A Tamarac (D7), North Lauderdale (D15), Parkland (D17)
BSO 9A Deerfield Beach (D10), Lauderdale-by-the-Sea (D13), Sea Ranch Lakes (D26), Lighthouse Point
BSO10A Miramar (D23)

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Ok I think I figured out my question and where I was confused after looking at the database again.

Looking at the table below taken from the database, and as far as the alpha tag goes, the number after "BSO" designate the city of the BSO Department with the exception of 2* because it is used for the courts and detention I believe (BSO 12A is Pompano Beach). The letter following the number is just a "channel" in that city.

The rest of the cities have their own police force but are tied into the trunking system.

Am I correct?

BSO 1A BSO [reserved for future use]
BSO 2A Dania (D2), Port Everglades (D14), Airport(D3)
BSO 3A Weston (D8), Southwest Ranches (D9), Cooper City (D16)
BSO 4A Pembroke Park, W Park, & South (D1), Hallandale Beach (D28)
BSO 5A Davie (D21)
BSO 2H CDC Dispatch
BSO 6A Central UnInc (D5), Lauderhill (D29)
BSO 2K Detention 1
BSO 7A Oakland Park (D12), Lauderdale Lakes (D4)
BSO 8A Tamarac (D7), North Lauderdale (D15), Parkland (D17)
BSO 9A Deerfield Beach (D10), Lauderdale-by-the-Sea (D13), Sea Ranch Lakes (D26), Lighthouse Point
BSO10A Miramar (D23)

No. The number immediately after the "BSO" in the above table is the radio channel number, which has nothing to do with the city district number. The district number is what you usually hear on the radio, they rarely call out the radio channel number.

In the table above, "BSO 7A" indicates BSO radio channel 7A, which has Oakland Park (district 12) and Lauderdale Lakes (district 4) dispatched on it. For an Oakland Park patrol unit, you might hear "12 Bravo 7" or something similar; "4 Delta 6" would indicate a sergeant in Lauderdale Lakes.

Acostanavy

Ok we are speaking the same things but I am not explaining myself correctly. BSO 10A is dispatch for Miramar (which is District 23). So for Alpha Tag BSO 10B that is Car-to-Car for Miramar. That's what I was trying to figure out.

Also, you will not hear Pompano Beach on BSO 10B unless he was doing something with Miramar police which is unlikely. You will hear them on 12A, 12B, 12C, etc.

Am I understanding this now?

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Ok we are speaking the same things but I am not explaining myself correctly. BSO 10A is dispatch for Miramar (which is District 23). So for Alpha Tag BSO 10B that is Car-to-Car for Miramar. That's what I was trying to figure out.

Also, you will not hear Pompano Beach on BSO 10B unless he was doing something with Miramar police which is unlikely. You will hear them on 12A, 12B, 12C, etc.

Am I understanding this now?

Yes, you've got it! :p

Generally, each city or group of cities, from one to three, share a dispatch zone. Miramar uses, as you have seen, Zone 10, sometimes called dispatch 10. Miramar has their own because of the size of the area they cover, as does Davie and Pembroke Pines.

McP

Below is a screenshot of how I have BSO set up on my Home Patrol (other talk / tac channels are cut off). I have it set up by dispatch channels, then agency/district. Hopefully this will help. ie. line 20 is channel 8A which is Tamarac (district 7), North Lauderdale (district 15) and Parkland (district 17).

As you've learned about the different dispatch numbers & district numbers, one thing to note is if there is a "hot" call on their main channel "A" (10A, 3A, 5A), they will usually bring it over to the corresponding "B" (car) channel to free up main channel. So if a burglary in progress is going on in Miramar (10A), you may hear someone say "take it to B" and off they go to "10B"

Attachments

• BSO HP.jpg
    BSO HP.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,082

USCG-FL

Whats up Guys? Hope you guyys all all ok. well, i need help programming my mtx8000 to receive ONLY. I programed it last nigh but i noticed that i can see the red led light flashig/
\busy channe. and in order to listen to it i had to press the 3rd side button to open the squelch, so i knew i did something wrong. I just want the basic channels like, tamarac,north lauderdale and parkland. please help. thanks. be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.