Buffing S Jax area

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Just moved to Orange Park, couple questions for the fire buffs in the area:

Found an old thread on cad postings, any for this area? I know theres no PulsePoint. I found JSO's.
Any reason no one is posting to Broadcastify? Its got me looking to buy another scanner. If so, whats everyone using to monitor Jax/Clay/St Johns? I see all are P25-P1, any gotchas?

wsmoore

Database Admin
I would tell you to buy any of the Phase 2 P25 radio. In this area thing will be Phase 1 for a while,but if you travel you may run across Phase 2. Check out Uniden and Whistler for radios. On the Home page of this site look for a Scanner Master Ad and they have info on the scanners availible.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
First coast system has JSO encrypted. Transit is all I hear in the clear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Yeah, I'd think long and hard before plunking down a bunch of money for a shiny new scanner only to see the agencies you want to hear go encrypted.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
JSO, Jax Beach and SJCSO are both full time encrypted. However, JFR, JBFR and SCJFR run in the clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Any scanner capable of 800 mhz P25 Phase 1 will work. All law enforcement on the P25 systems are encrypted. Everything else is in the clear. You'll also be able to hear the NAS Jax P25 system, security is encrypted, everything else is in the clear.

jaymatt1978

Are the Military Air frequencies active? P
Any scanner capable of 800 mhz P25 Phase 1 will work. All law enforcement on the P25 systems are encrypted. Everything else is in the clear. You'll also be able to hear the NAS Jax P25 system, security is encrypted, everything else is in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.