• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Building a GMRS repeater from two M-1225 mobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CCB

hi everybody,

just was wondering when i go into the external accessories to do "the pin locations" what profile works the best for the cheap interface cables you can get from Ebay..?

right now i have it set as "General I/O"
"Power -up Delay as 0.5
"Rx Audio Output as Muted/De-emphasis
"External Mic. as No External Mic.
"Tx Flat Audio Input as Post

Pin-8 as PL/DPL - CSQ Detect for the Receive radio
Direction as Output
Debounce as Off
ACT Level as Low

Frequencies :

01. 462.550 as the RECEIVE freq BLANK as the TRANSMIT
PL-141.3 on RECEIVE
20/25/30 KHZ channel spacing
Local/Distance as Distance
X-Pand is unchecked
Busy Chan Lockout is unchecked

cmdrwill

And you want MIC input on pin 2. PTT on 3 Ext mic on

RX:
Pin 8 PL/DPL Det
Pin 11 Filtered Audio out. "Rx Audio Output as Muted/De-emphasis

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I usually use the RICK preset. Don't remember if it is there in 1225 RSS (it's there in both preceding model RSS and succeeding model CPS).

KC0CCB

i don't have a Pin 2 or 3 for anything.. here's what i have choices of :

Pin 04 Null, External Alarm, PL/DPL - CSQ Detect
Pin 06 Null, External PTT, I/O Hook, RX Audio Mute, Public Address, Channel Steering 0,1,2
Pin 08 Null, External Alarm, PL/DPL - CSQ Detect, CSQ Detect
Pin 09 Null, External PTT, I/O Hook, RX Audio Mute, Public Address, Channel Steering 0,1,2
Pin 12 Null, External PTT, I/O Hook, RX Audio Mute, Public Address, Channel Steering 0,1,2
Pin 14 Null, External PTT, I/O Hook, RX Audio Mute, Public Address, Channel Steering 0,1,2

Rx Audio Output : Muted / De-emphasis or Unmuted / Flat
Power-Up Delay : 0.5 seconds
External Mic. : External Mic Audio or No External Mic.
Tx Flat Audio Input : Pre or Post
Acc External : General I/O, Remote, Phone Patch, Public Address

Pin 04 Direction : Output (greyed out)
Pin 04 Debounce : Off (greyed out)
Pin 04 ACT LEVEL : Low or High

Pin 06 Direction : Input (greyed out)
Pin 06 Debounce : On or Off
Pin 06 ACT LEVEL : Low or High

Pin 08 Direction : Input or Output
Pin 08 Debounce : Off
Pin 08 ACT LEVEL : Low or High

Pin 09 Direction : Input (greyed out)