Building cranes

Status
Not open for further replies.

west5alpha

All the cranes around with the construction downtown any idea the freq and radios they use ?

BC_Scan

Generally speaking UHF 406-470, very easy to find ,search the band when close bye,use close call, out west here the WCB has a pool of freqs from IC, when a builder needs freqs they apply from WCB than they supply the radio shop that programs the radios with freq & tone , the rigger and the crane are on that channel, if there are two or more cranes one site the crane operator has two or more radios so he can here the movement of the other operator as he is bombing up a load.
the actual job site with the SFO have their own company radios which usually move from site to site.
Brands are Moto, Kenwood & Icom, have even seen an Alinco.
Whatever the radio shop has in stock or needs to get rid of.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Dont forget to search for conventional and DMR.
A radio shop i worked at for a few months was using DMR conventional direct channels for many of their construction customers. I do recall a few of them having Crane 1, Crane 2, Safety, Concrete, Electrical, and a few other channels in them.

DaveH

Around here, they are generally in the UHF "simplex" sub-bands 453.xxxx, 458.xxxx, 464.xxxx and 469.xxxx . However during searches I've found them on other UHF frequencies which don't necessarily show up in IC database, at least for this area.

Dave

mciupa

Database Admin
403.025 DMR

I guess there's not much to lose at this point with no one reporting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.