Burlington and Camden County Analog Freqs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I notice that the DB still has several analog conventional frequencies for both Burlington and Camden Counties. For example, 154.220, 154.190, 154.430, 154.265, 155.280 (ems), etc..

Also, countywide pd ops for Camden Co on 508.7875, and 507.7875. Also a few listed under Cherry Hill too and NONE of them are marked deprecated. Can someone confirm if some/all of these frequencies are still in use or simulcasted from the P25 systems or does the DB need to be updated? I'd like to see ALL the freqs not used anymore to be marked deprecated. I am bringing my scanner down there soon and not sure what I can safely delete. Thank you.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I am bringing my scanner down there soon and not sure what I can safely delete.

Sounds like a good opportunity for YOU to monitor those frequencies and figure out what is or isn't active anymore, rather than always telling others what they "need" to do! :wink:

jeff

Premium Subscriber
In Burlington County: 154.220 is the dispatch/paging channel. 154.190 and 154.400 were used to patch units from out of county into the trunk system. 154.265 is known as South Jersey Net. There are no simulcasts of the trunk system onto conventional channels. Municipal local govt ops are on conventional channels, none use the county trunk system.

Analogrules

Jeff, thanks for the only helpful response so far. I am guessing frequencies like 155.745 Voorhees PD is deprecated even though the DB fails to indicate this?

jeff

Premium Subscriber
A lot of towns/ counties maintain their old conventional channels as back up to the TRS. Burlington maintains their old 500 PD repeaters. Just because you may not hear traffic doesn't always mean they are deprecated. Burlington Fire/EMS units also maintain their old VHF mobile units.

Analogrules

Interesting, but does this mean the police officers' radios still have the capability to transmit on those older conventional channels or would they have to switch radios? If the old repeaters are still maintained, then I understand that "deprecated" would be the wrong term to use, but the DB should still indicate if a channel is rarely or hardly used (back up purposes only). Currently anyone not from the area who looks at the DB can easily get the impression those old conventional channels are still regularly used, even if all main ops are on the p25 system.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, but does this mean the police officers' radios still have the capability to transmit on those older conventional channels or would they have to switch radios? If the old repeaters are still maintained, then I understand that "deprecated" would be the wrong term to use, but the DB should still indicate if a channel is rarely or hardly used (back up purposes only). Currently anyone not from the area who looks at the DB can easily get the impression those old conventional channels are still regularly used, even if all main ops are on the p25 system.

The current trunk system is on the same band as their old conventional channels (UHF-T) so its just a matter of switching zones on the radio to operate on the old conventional channels. Fortunately the current trunk system has been very robust with little to no down time so the back up channels have not been used very much.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Many times the primary radios are on the trunked system, yet the legacy radios are still kept in the vehicles for cross-talk and un-recorded operational communications. It is not uncommon to see 2-4 radios in a PD or FD vehicle for interoperability and the use of legacy frequencies that allow for more informal interactions.

Analogrules

Ok. After my trip, I can state that 154.220 for Burlington County and 154.430 for Camden County were indeed very active with initial EMS and FD Dispatch calls. However, the frequencies for local PD's were indeed totally silent and inactive.

jaymatt1978

My brother lives in Burlington County, I'm down there a LOT, 154.2200 is ACTIVE and while they use the trunk system mostly but they have VHF portables, so they SHOULD be listed. ALSO remember 154.2650 is still the South Jersey Fire Net I looked, DELRAN AND LUMBERTON are the ONLY PD's listed with VHF, people know they're used as BACKUP. The database is FINE with regards to Burlington County. I haven't listened to Camden County

Ok. After my trip, I can state that 154.220 for Burlington County and 154.430 for Camden County were indeed very active with initial EMS and FD Dispatch calls. However, the frequencies for local PD's were indeed totally silent and inactive.

Last edited:

Analogrules

I agree Jaymatt. The Burlington Co. information in the db is prettty accurate. However, I recently sent in a submission to the db for a couple of specific Camden County towns that no longer use their own conventional frequencies. I noticed several individual towns in Camden County shows an active PD channel with no mention whatsoever that they are rarely used and full time encrypted on the P25 system.

Septa3371CSX1

I agree Jaymatt. The Burlington Co. information in the db is prettty accurate. However, I recently sent in a submission to the db for a couple of specific Camden County towns that no longer use their own conventional frequencies. I noticed several individual towns in Camden County shows an active PD channel with no mention whatsoever that they are rarely used and full time encrypted on the P25 system.

I believe the police cars in Camden County still have VHF mobiles in them for SPEN along with the old VHF channels. So any VHF talkaround channels listed for Camden County PD's could very well still see occasional infrequent use. Best times to listen in for those would be during events like parades and other gatherings where they wouldn't want to tie up the trunk channels with non-emergency traffic.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There are at least 3-4 towns in Camden county using VHF simplex for chit chat off the dispatch channels, most along the Blackhorse and Whitehorse pikes. In Burlington County Cinnaminson's secondary channel is very active and has wide area coverage. Mt. Laurel's old primary channel has a simulcast of their current talk group from the trunked system however sometimes it off the air for periods of time. That about all I hear from my location.

Analogrules

That is good information. I'd just like to see the municipalities that barely use their old frequencies at all marked as "rarely used", so folks from outside the area and only visit occassionally (like myself) have a better idea which channels are basically inactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.