Burnet County changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin51246e

No one can give me a straight answer on what will be changed with in the next year. I have heard everything from VHF P25 Trunk and 800 off the Williamson/Travis system. The best option would be to use the LCRA network since it is already in place. Anyone know exactly what the plans are?

txff5150

Premium Subscriber
Rumor has it that LCRA is going to change their system up in the future (12-18 mo) Requiring everyone to purchase new radios. A lot of agencies are looking to go GATRR because of better coverage and the ability to utilize various radios already in place instead of having to replace everything.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard anything about Burnet County specifically, but LCRA is transitioning from analog EDACS to two different types of systems. First, all their public safety traffic will be migrated to 700 MHz P25 (though it does remain open to see, as they finish building this system out, if they will use VHF P25 in the hill country). This system is being built out and is listed in our database. I imagine once they drop their EDACS they'll have a bunch of agencies jump ship. Their commercial radio service and utility radio service is supposed to transition to OpenSky.

Start searching for unknown trunking control channels and you'll at least have an idea if LCRA's P25 system is completed out that direction yet. So far it's mostly in an I-35/I-10/I-71 triangle.

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard anything about Burnet County specifically, but LCRA is transitioning from analog EDACS to two different types of systems. First, all their public safety traffic will be migrated to 700 MHz P25 (though it does remain open to see, as they finish building this system out, if they will use VHF P25 in the hill country). This system is being built out and is listed in our database. I imagine once they drop their EDACS they'll have a bunch of agencies jump ship. Their commercial radio service and utility radio service is supposed to transition to OpenSky.

Start searching for unknown trunking control channels and you'll at least have an idea if LCRA's P25 system is completed out that direction yet. So far it's mostly in an I-35/I-10/I-71 triangle.

So the Hill country is going back to VHF P25 like Kerrville? Or are they going to stay on the 900mhz? Or are they going to LCRA P25 too ? I am from fredericksburg so just asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.