Busch Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcmath

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone able to monitor the Busch Gardens DMR Trunk System? I'm only about 7 miles away and don't hear anything no matter how I program it.

CanesFan95

It's very weak and always has been. I'm about 8-9 miles away myself and can't monitor it. On a few occasions, I've been able to decode the control channel out of the weeds and see that this system is fairly active. Too bad the signal strength sucks.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I can't receive it either. I'm about 11 miles away and my antenna is at 20 feet. I was going to assume that the system only puts out a few watts just to cover their property but...

The license says the antenna height is 51 feet at 150 watts. I'd figure they'd have a better footprint but who knows if they actually transmit at that height and power.

CanesFan95

This is reviving an old thread because I just figured out with DSD+ that the LCNs listed in the RR database are wrong. Three of the 10 frequencies listed in the RR database are not in use on this system. Here's a screenshot of what the correct LCNs should be. I am submitting an update to the database to request that they make corrections. With the proper LCNs in DSD+, I've been able to track talkgroups and listen to conversations when RF conditions are good. The signal strength is weak and it Max Headroms out a lot though. But having the wrong LCN could trick you into thinking you're not getting this system when you might be able to. So try this:

31893126951_b1074b9e8d_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.