Butel Arc xt basic windows 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAscannernut

Can I put the ARCXT basic software from Butel for my 396xt on my new Windows 8.1 computer? It looks like it does not support windows 8.1. If not is there any plans for that software to be compatible in the near future? Thanks

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've been running it for a year with no problems.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As noted above, ARC XT does work with Windows 8.1. The only stumbling block you'll encounter is the cable connecting the computer and the scanner.

The original USB-1 cable and many "older" USB to Serial port adapters use an HXA chipset. That chipset does not get along with Windows 8.1.

The USB-1 cables that Uniden started shipping this time last year have, according to Upman, have the newer HXD chipset. The HXD chipset does work with Windows 8.1.

I use ARC XT (the pro version) on my Windows 8.1 machine. I use a Plugable USB to Serial Port adapter, which I got from Amazon (because the newer USB-1 cables weren't available from Uniden at the time) and the programming cable that came with my 396XT scanner. Works like a champ!

PAscannernut

Where would you recommend purchasing the USB cable from to make sure I am getting the newer chipset? Thanks for your help.

foxy647130

Yes it will work

Reply to your post below yes it will work I have a New Dell PC and I'm running ARCXT-PRO I did start with the basic but the pro is the way to go I find programing the scanner so easy and you can use the virtual scanner it turns your monitor into a big scanner it does a bunch of stuff and you can even record the police calls or what ever you are scanning just plug in a cable into your scanners head phone jack and the other end in to your pc and click rec option on the virtual scanner and it will save all scanner calls to a file on your hard drive or what folder you decide to use with time and date and so much more. A nice feature is free upgrade for life and of course it has the option to download Freq. from RR. I am not a sales Rep. Or do I get any perks for letting people know what it can do but I am a very happy customer with the ARCXT-Pro O I also have the BCD 396XT thats what I use. One more thing as another person stated on here you will need a Plugable USB to Serial Port adapter I got one at staples for $10 and yes Amazon also has a bunch Radio Shack has them also.

Can I put the ARCXT basic software from Butel for my 396xt on my new Windows 8.1 computer? It looks like it does not support windows 8.1. If not is there any plans for that software to be compatible in the near future? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.