• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Buy Scanner w/channel tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am looking to buy a used scanner which supports sending channel ID to my feed. Any recommendations? I have been searching, but it doesn't seem to be a common feature or criterion for specifications.
Thanks,
Stan N2STC

W8RMH

Premium Subscriber
Grove City, Ohio (A Bearcat not a Buckeye)
Uniden BCT15, BCT15X, BCD996XT, BCD996P2 are great feed scanners. They have the alpha tagging in addition to "record-out" basically plug n play which has a stable audio level. I use the BCD996XT for my feed. I originally used a BCT15, then BCT15X, and upgraded to the 996XT when digital came along.

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
I can second W8RMH's recommendations. I have used the same models he has with excellent results. I have used both the analog and digital versions for feed scanners and they work great. My public safety feed runs off of a BCD996T. If you don't need digital, you can pick up the BCT15s for as little as $125 if you watch your prices on eBay. I picked one up for $70 shipped!

Thank you for the replies! Much appreciated. Anyone know if there is a complete list of scanners supporting channel tags?

S

Interfacing the BCT-15

I can second W8RMH's recommendations. I have used the same models he has with excellent results. I have used both the analog and digital versions for feed scanners and they work great. My public safety feed runs off of a BCD996T. If you don't need digital, you can pick up the BCT15s for as little as $125 if you watch your prices on eBay. I picked one up for $70 shipped!
Hi,
I now have a BCT-15X, waiting for an interface cable. Does scanner cast support USB, or will I need to some how interface with RS-232?

Status
Not open for further replies.