Buying a scanner in south east Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
I'm looking for a local place to buy a Uniden SDS200 scanner. Any ideas?
I live downriver and don't mind driving up to 40 miles or so. I like to support local business if possible.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
I would like to support a local business, if there is one?
I'm in south east Michigan.

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what they have anymore but you might check out Electronic Connection on Ford Rd. East of I275 on corner of Newburgh Rd.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I live in Macomb County, in S.E. Michigan and I'm not aware of any scanner dealers in the area. Best Buy claim they sell them but they're out of stock and they're pricing it at $749.99! o_O However they offer 5% cash back if you use a Best Buy charge card. They also offer a 'price match' guarantee.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
I used to buy scanners from Palco Electronics on Eureka Rd in Southgate, but I think they only sell CB now.
Thanks for the reply's. I guess the internet is taking over.

freqs

Not sure what they have anymore but you might check out Electronic Connection on Ford Rd. East of I275 on corner of Newburgh Rd.
still there drove by the place on Friday parking lot was empty not sure on hours .Palco I think is out of biz or moved again..one place in the Shores is Abel electronics .I think enteernet may be best choice

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
This has been interesting, hearing about the few stores left that might still be into scanners. Too bad there isn't more in Michigan like other states.
Thanks everyone!

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
This has been interesting, hearing about the few stores left that might still be into scanners. Too bad there isn't more in Michigan like other states.
Thanks everyone!
I don't really think Michigan is much different than other states when it comes to scanners. Their availability from brick & mortar stores seems to be quite limited all across the country. I live in a city of about 200K and no one here sells them (although Walmart might let you order online and pick up locally; I never tried). HRO in metro Atlanta says they have them in stock. I s'pose their other stores would, too.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Abel Electronics. Harper & 10 1/2 mile in St Clair Shores. I used to buy from there. Cheaper online. They usually have radios to try out if you’re looking. Been there as long as I can remember

Phil
Flippus1@aol.com

Wow you brought back memories! I used to go there for over 30 years then for some reason I thought they moved and I never went back. Do they still have a decent inventory of other electronic parts?

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
Use to be Bell Electronics. Lawsuit about the word Bell caused them to change their name. Very Pricey on radios and little programming help. Great people, they are much bigger than you would think. They now sell and install mediated class room equipment. I've seen some to the sales and they have picked a great market to venture into.

Like I say, great people.

Wow you brought back memories! I used to go there for over 30 years then for some reason I thought they moved and I never went back. Do they still have a decent inventory of other electronic parts?

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
I went with The HamStation, shipping from Indiana, about as local as I can get. They have always treated me good, no tax and free shipping, I'm sticking with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.