BWI Airport Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
A full scale BWI airport drill is about to get underway - several MAA system talkgroups active that norally are not...

A few TGs noted including TG 49 (EOC) and TG 2 (referenced as APW-1).

Fire also used TG 11, 17, 21 and a few others

Police used TG 40 (Tac-1)

Also EOC (TG 49) reported AA County command unit was unable to get AA county patch working - all other jurisdictions radios reported to work fine.

Last edited:

trimmerj

Is that system low power? I can't even pull in the control channels in Pasadena with an assortment of outdoor antennas.

troymail

Silent Key
trimmerj said:
Is that system low power? I can't even pull in the control channels in Pasadena with an assortment of outdoor antennas.

somewhat, yes. I think my BC396 has more trouble picking it up than my PSR500 but I haven't really determined how far I can go before I lose it on either radio.

What radio are you using?

trimmerj

Using a 796D, I was able to able to get some traffic after switching antennas and reprogramming the radio. I don't have a rotor on my 800mhz yagis, My main one is pointing NE towards the Jacobsville Tower, I'll try pointing the 2nd towards BWI.

troymail

Silent Key
trimmerj said:
Using a 796D, I was able to able to get some traffic after switching antennas and reprogramming the radio. I don't have a rotor on my 800mhz yagis, My main one is pointing NE towards the Jacobsville Tower, I'll try pointing the 2nd towards BWI.

I wouldn't think you'd have any serious problems picking it up from Pasadena. I think I've even picked it up with my 500 in my vehicle as far as the Golden Ring area of Baltimore County. I know when they were testing before going live, they had units driving all around the area (BCity, County, Howard, Anne Arundel, etc.) making sure they could still reach the system.

Is the Jacobsville Tower flooding your radio?

trimmerj

>Is the Jacobsville Tower flooding your radio?

....Possibly, but can I copy Howard and Baltimore City without any problems. Baltimore County has always been marginal from my 20.

dpm797

I lose the system some where on Ritchie Highway Between Earliegh Heights Fire Station and the Jones Station Rd Fire Station in Severna Park

Status
Not open for further replies.