• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BYE,BYE Martin Bashir! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

I never liked him. He's a piece of dung.

Edit:
There is no need to defecate in sarah palin's mouth. There is enough raw sewage pouring out of that mouth on a daily basis.
Martin Bashir is dung. Whats even more discusting is the network he worked for! MSNBC gives these dirt bags the platform to spew their hate speech every night! Al Sharpton quickly comes to mind. Whether you agree with Sahra Palin or not...there is no need for the discusting personal attacks! The personal attacks against Palin from those on left have been utterly discusting! Whats amazing to me is the silence from womans rights groups! Nothing but crickets!

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Martin Bashir is dung. Whats even more discusting is the network he worked for! MSNBC gives these dirt bags the platform to spew their hate speech every night!
Yet you give free pass to Fox News when they do the same....hypocritical much?

How about Glenn Beck calling President Obama a racist with a "deep-seated hatred" for either white people or white culture? Did anyone at Fox ever apologize for that disgusting remark? Au contraire, I remember Sean Hannity validating Beck on that score. I don't recall O'Reilly calling out Beck, either. In fact, he and Beck had a road show going on afterward. In June 2012, after Beck left Fox, O'Reilly consulted him about President Obama's outreach to African Americans.

And how about Fox host Andrea Tantaros telling her radio show listeners, "Do me a favor" and punch an Obama supporter "in the face?" That's arguably worse than anything Bashir said. But I haven't heard a peep of apology from her or anyone else at Fox News about it. Have you?

Plus, there's Ann Coulter. She went even further and "joked" about murdering Meghan McCain on Fox. Not only was it tolerated, she appeared on Hannity tonight to discuss Bashir.
So in your eyes it is ok when Fox News pulls the same tactics yet you fail to call them out on it. Where is your outrage over Fox News and their personal attacks?
Again your hypocrisy is sad and pathetic.

Whether you agree with Sahra Palin or not...there is no need for the discusting personal attacks! The personal attacks against Palin from those on left have been utterly discusting! Whats amazing to me is the silence from womans rights groups! Nothing but crickets!
That is simply because Palin stands with the far right and their anti-womens rights issues....News flash: Womens rights groups fight for *gasp* Womens RIGHTS! That includes the ability to make their own choices when it comes to their bodies and not have some conservative mouthbreather that knows nothing about her or her situation force her by laws into choices she does not agree with. Why is that so difficult for you far righties to understand?
Let women make their own choices and perhaps, just perhaps, the GOP would slowly stop being known as the "Party of old White Men who hate women".

Marshall KE4ZNR

I guess its; still okay for Rush Limburger to rant against women as whores when they advocate for birth control. He's still on the air. It depends on which political party pays the bills at the network. Any party (Grumpy Ole Poops) that feels that they now have to educate their candidates how to talk to women just have to hold fiercly to their outdated ideology and diminishing congressional seats. The party of Grumpy Old White Men will make their first effort at courting the votes of women, minorities, and immigrants of questionable legitimacy just like the Democraps have been doing successfully for years. Teabaggers beware - you have nothing to lose but your isolationism.

SCPD

Yup just like you hypocritical! ;)

So in your eyes it is ok when Fox News pulls the same tactics yet you fail to call them out on it. Where is your outrage over Fox News and their personal attacks?
Where is your outrage over the crap MSNBC puts out? All I see from you is "Faux News" bashing in this forum. Your hypscrisy is sad and pathetic Marshall! As a matter of fact since its the Christmas season I have some free advice for you.....SHUT UP! ;)

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

N1RGR said:
Yup just like you hypocritical! ;)

Where is your outrage over the crap MSNBC puts out? All I see from you is "Faux News" bashing in this forum. Your hypscrisy is sad and pathetic Marshall! As a matter of fact since its the Christmas season I have some free advice for you.....SHUT UP! ;)
You should take your own advice... Ever hear the old adage... Better to look like a fool than open ones mouth and remove all doubt... Oh wait too late... You already opened your mouth...

SCPD

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

You should take your own advice... Ever hear the old adage... Better to look like a fool than open ones mouth and remove all doubt... Oh wait too late... You already opened your mouth...
So its ok for Marshall to have one sided attacks against Fox news and say nothing when its MSNBC and yet call me a hypocrite? Oh yes I forgot your Marshall's little pet snake. Go back in his front pocket and keep warm kayn. ;)

Nobody asked me but IMO, MSNBS is even worse than fox because they spend the first half of the day covering nothing but car chases and celebrity gossip and the second half of the day broadcasting clips and soundbytes of the mouthbreathers on fox and hate radio. All the while playing heartwarming PR ads for petroleum, pharma and the banks.

If you're not going to cover any actual news and going to play opinion pieces from the other side, why not just watch Fox to begin with?

What's wrong with police chases? They are great entertainment!

-AZ
Exactly.
They're great ENTERTAINMENT.

Not NEWS, but entertainment.

The problem with "news" networks in america isn't so much about what they're covering. It's about what they aren't covering. And one reason they don't like to cover a lot of stories is because of the corporate sponsors. A lot of things that are newsworthy, the corporate sponsors don't want covered. Also, there's a winning combination of garbage content, not all that different from the garbage content of our food in this country. They like the FEAR stories and the entertainment stories like celebrity gossip (Charlie Sheen, Who did Alec Baldwin piss off now?, etc) and car chases and weather and illnesses. Basically all the plagues but mixed with TMZ. That's the stuff that keeps the stupid average viewer coming back for more. It's easier to find a good media personality than it is to find a good journalist. Afterall, a pretty smiling face is all it takes to keep poltergeisty tuned in.

Last edited:
F

feets

Exactly.
They're great ENTERTAINMENT.

Not NEWS, but entertainment.

The problem with "news" networks in america isn't so much about what they're covering. It's about what they aren't covering. And one reason they don't like to cover a lot of stories is because of the corporate sponsors. A lot of things that are newsworthy, the corporate sponsors don't want covered. Also, there's a winning combination of garbage content, not all that different from the garbage content of our food in this country. They like the FEAR stories and the entertainment stories like celebrity gossip (Charlie Sheen, Who did Alec Baldwin piss off now?, etc) and car chases and weather and illnesses. Basically all the plagues but mixed with TMZ. That's the stuff that keeps the stupid average viewer coming back for more. It's easier to find a good media personality than it is to find a good journalist. Afterall, a pretty smiling face is all it takes to keep poltergeisty tuned in.
Good assessment, actually.

No matter what "station" one watches, the order of the day is entertainment and lies by omission.

They all leave out certain facts, mostly in the form of timelines(cause and effect) and re-write history.

F

feets

So how does it feel to agree with a liberal communist? :confused:
I hadn't really thought about it but after some reflection;

It's the same feeling I get when I see a baby first discovers that the round peg fits in the round hole. First there is a feeling of pride that quickly fades as I remember that it is still too dumb to not sh*t in it's own pants.

But hey, someday you'll figure that out too. :wink:

Baby steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.