• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

c/p from email..Proud to be White

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankh

PROUD TO BE WHITE?

Very interesting reading! !! !!!

Perhaps we should get rid of the term 'racist' all together and just live our lives...

Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TV's Seinfeld. This was his defence speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points.
Proud To Be White

Someone finally said it.
How many are actually paying attention to this?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
You Call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey, ''Whitey,' 'Caveman' ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, Towel head, Sand-******, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ...
You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?
You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Black History Month.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah.
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
You have the NAACP.
You have BET.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month , we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?
A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any colour can be in the Miss America pageant.
If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships you know we'd be racists.
There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges' THAT
would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for
our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce
our white pride, you call us racists.
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats
up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud.
But you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists?

There is nothing improper about this e-mail.
Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it

Flair

What is your point?

Why are bringing hatred to this site? Myslef or others didnt subscribe here for this type rousing. There are plenty of websites that support your point, but I don't think this is the forum for it.

Just a thought!

car2back

I'll answer all the questions in your post Frank- It's not that people of other ethnicities can't be racist, But "the white man" has a long legacy of abusing or discriminated against almost every minority in the US. Because of their ancestors' actions, the "white folk" have a responsibly to be extra sensitive to other peoples to this day.

mancow

Database Admin
If you read a little bit of history you will find that every other race is just as guilty.

Shortwavewave

Who cares if its false or not, the OP posted it becuase im sure he has some feelings for the words in the post.

I do think its a bunch of crap.
You know what pisses me off even MORE?
Blacks call each other ******s
Mexicans call each other Beaners or "cabrons"
Asians call each other Chinks

But when White people call each other Crackers, we are racist.
FOR EXAMPLE: Im white and I call my white friend a Cracker, Im racist even towrds the black people, even though it has nothing to do with them!!!!! WTF???

BTW: Flair this is called the RR Wasteland, its what this is for, dont like it then dont read it

Last edited:

ybbmadysu

This topic gets me fired up. I am in no way against this topic.
To lay it out, I am a White Boy, from a white family. No one in my family is racist (that I know of).

I have posted before about my disgust in southern california, regarding racism and jobs.
My father and I have both been discriminated against, for being white, by employers that require people to speak spanish. cause they hired people that don't speak english.

I am racist, I am racist against those that are racist!

I f-ing hate it that people will reject others due to race.
I have not and will never reject or hold someone back cause of race or language. I give the respect that people should receive and will only stop giving respect when that One person does something to Me, personally, that is disrespectful.

Society is so f-ed up and scared of other races, I dont care what my previous generation have done to yours. That is the past. Learn from it and dont repeat it. but now we have groups that will allow other races except whites? yet Alan Sharpton fights to end racism? or is he fighting to allow black people to be legally racist?

we have mexican heritage month, what the hell is that? I dont have anything against mexicans, except those that complain that mexico sucks, illegally come here, and put the mexican flag on their house or car. Why the hell do you fly a flag for a country that you say was so bad you had to leave?

There are others but I don't have to deal with them, therefore nothing to say about them. In Los Angeles, these are the main races that interact with each other. Seen the news lately about southern california, all the shootings and the races involved?

I have heard that other states are totally different, where people are thinking about the weather, not the other races that live next door. Hopefully I will find that location and prove a safe place for my kids to grow up.

if anyone has a problem with my post, please notify me!

Mods, please do not close this thread. This is a subject that people should be free to discuss.

N

nec208

There are others but I don't have to deal with them, therefore nothing to say about them. In Los Angeles, these are the main races that interact with each other. Seen the news lately about southern california, all the shootings and the races involved?
What shootings about races ?

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
You Call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey, ''Whitey,' 'Caveman' ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, Towel head, Sand-******, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ...
You call me a racist.
Never heard of those terms but the term N.Bust be the south slang.

hoser147

I got that email about a month ago. Has some valid points to it, anymore if something happens to a member of a different race, you have all kinds of so called activists coming in and demanding this and that and having near riot assemblies. If it happens to the so called Average American, where are the activists then?? I guess my point is everyone is and should be treated equal, do away with the Racist setting whether it be colleges, broadcast comp. whatever the source of the turmoil, Make it equal all across the board after all we are all immigrants to this Country regardless of History as we cannot change that and those people are long gone and dead. But the wheels keep turning in reverse............Who is pushing the wagon?? And which direction are we going?? Hoser

Last edited:

car2back

mancow said:
If you read a little bit of history you will find that every other race is just as guilty.
Oh I'm not disputing that, but How many other societies have been as powerful as ours, which has historically been dominated by whites before the progress of civil rights? With great power comes great responsibility, and when someone is irresponsible with the power, then they should be held accountable. Sometimes that means coming to terms that even very recently white people as a whole did wrong things to other races, and that we today should strive to be understanding of others.

ybbmadysu: What is wrong or racist about being Hispanics celebrating their heritage? They are proud of who they are an where they came from, just as I'm proud of my ancestors that fought for freedom from British rule in Scotland, and equally proud of those that walked to Oklahoma from Georgia in 1838.

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
frankh said:
You call me a racist.
How very, very sad that we are prevented by societal pressure from using such wonderful terms.

frankh said:
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for
our race and rights, you would call us racists.
When whites have significantly less legal rights, that will make sense. Besides, not only "them" marched in the MMM.

frankh said:
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce
our white pride, you call us racists.
Generally because the people announcing "white pride" are racists.

frankh said:
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.
LOL! Yeah, all those nasty colored people and their crime...

frankh said:
But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats
up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.
Yeah, gone are those glory days when police brutality was good.

frankh said:
But you call me a racist.
Because whoever you are that originally wrote this, you did a pretty good job, primarily with the "you rob us" line.

frankh said:
There is nothing improper about this e-mail.
Oh really?

"You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us."

45SigSauer

This is what I'm talking about, The moment a white person makes a post showing the idiocy of the double standard he's labeled a racist! Yet it's OK for our fellow Americans of African decent to do the same.
I'll give you yet another example of the double standard:
When I was stationed in Germany my fellow soldiers of African decent, some of whom I was great friends with, thought it would be funny to start walking the halls of the barracks saying F*ck the white man, so now every time we had to do something they didn't like they would roam the halls saying it over and over. Everyone knew they were just joking, but I and several other soldiers found this to be offensive, and brought it to the attention of the commander, he brushed it off as just a joke, so this continued, one day a fellow soldier decided whats fair is fair, and started saying F*ck the black man in response, he was given a verbal warning to stop or he would be given an article 15.
You know, I am very sorry for slavery, I could never imagine what these poor people went through, but the fact of the matter is this: No one alive today is/was or will be a slave, no one alive today is/was or ever will be a slave owner, stop using the past as an excuse, and start working for a better future, and don't call me a racist when I do the same.

ybbmadysu

45SigSauer--> Thanks.

Car2Back--> I am not against that heritage or its celebration(s).
What I do not understand is why do people say the country was so bad they had to leave, then they come here and raise that country's flag? And chant 'Viva Mexico', wtf is that all about??
If america were so bad to me that I had to leave, I would not go to another country and raise the american flag.

Understand my thoughts?

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
I was born in Detroit, and spent the first thirty years of my life in Detroit. I was never offended when someone called me whitey. I don't know why I should be.

As for "African American", according to the latest science claims, all man kind originated from Africa. So maybe it's time we all started looking into our added benefits, and programs for African Americans!

On a related note, some of you may have heard all the riff-raff going on in Detroit, concerning their black Mayor, Kawme Kilpatrick. He's been involved in a lot of questionable activity. It's a long story, and I won't go into it here (you can Google it). But I found it interesting a couple nights ago when he gave his "State Of The City" speech. He was doing pretty good at first, considering all the crap that's been going on, but at the end he lost it, and showed his true colors (no pun intended). He even shouted out the "N" word, that they fought so hard to do away with. Now he is in even more trouble, and even his own race has discredited him, and in addition to numerous investigations, several groups are attempting to have him impeached. One guy commented that when they buried the "N" word, they buried it alive, and it wouldn't be long before it returned. I thought it was ironic that it would be a black person, the Mayor of Detroit no less, that would be the one that couldn't hold back and would reintroduce the "N" word to the Nation's vocabulary. Pathetic.

I think we give man kind too much credit for being civilized. Society and laws can tell people how they should act, and act they will. But underneath it all, they still think the same. In my lifetime the result of any forced integration usually resulted in even more resentment and hatred.

ROCKnTIME

When we label ourselves as African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc., we become divided. Will we ever become united as “Americans” without a race card attached? If the statement "United we stand, Divided we fall" holds true, then I guess I know where this country is headed.

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
"African American" refers to recent (within the last few centuries) ancestry, not actual physical origin.

hoser147

ROCKnTIME said:
When we label ourselves as African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc., we become divided. Will we ever become united as “Americans” without a race card attached? If the statement "United we stand, Divided we fall" holds true, then I guess I know where this country is headed.
Well Put

Status
Not open for further replies.