Cabarrus Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I was messing around with one of the radios the firefighters use and noticed that their Cab Fire Zone also has a matching conventional zone. It has all the cab ops channels that are analog. Can anyone tell me what the analog ops frequencies are for Cabarrus county?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
What we have currently is listed in the database under the Cabarrus County area.

If we don't have it listed hopefully someone *ahem you* will submit it to the database once they find it out to help us keep the database up-to-date.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I hope so. I just don't know how to view the frequency of a channel on a Motorola APX 6000XE. If anyone could help me with that.

trumpetman

Database Admin
There is a zone for the digital system and also a zone for the old analog system. Operations used to occur on the 6403 analog system and were switched over to digital. The analog channels are no longer in use, they can be found at the "Cabarrus County" trunked system. The new talkgroups can be found on the Charlotte/Mecklenburg 2D0 system.

SCPD

QRT
Wouldnt the digital cross over to the analog like the dispatch talkgroup does. The talkgroup for dispatchbis linked to the frequency. Wouldnt it be the same concept for the ops channels? The digital talkgroups cross over to the analog frequencies for the ops channels? I mean they just got their radios a short time ago and they programmed them with all the conventional frequencies. Wouldnt there be a reason behind that?

SCPD

QRT
That last thread is about viewing a frequency. This last question was about the functioning of the digital system. Sobit definitely isn't the same. I post for answers, not people to just point out things to me.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
That last thread is about viewing a frequency. This last question was about the functioning of the digital system. Sobit definitely isn't the same. I post for answers, not people to say stupid things.

And as a moderator in this forum, I expect a certain level of decorum and maturity.
Please check the attitude as we are just trying to help you out as well as maintain
this forum per RR guidelines and standards.
Nothing personal.
Thanks! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Quantar22

That last thread is about viewing a frequency. This last question was about the functioning of the digital system. Sobit definitely isn't the same. I post for answers, not people to just point out things to me.

Not being mean but you might not want to come across so abrasive on the forums if you are looking for help much less to a board moderator. Not going to get anywhere with that attitude on this group of cordial folks.

SCPD

QRT
Not being mean but you might not want to come across so abrasive on the forums if you are looking for help much less to a board moderator. Not going to get anywhere with that attitude on this group of cordial folks.

It's hard not to get an attitude when a lot of times I ask a question and people get a "smart ***" tone with me like I am supposed to know all the answers to my questions BEFORE I even ask them. It happens all the time. That's why I am ost likely not posting to here anymore. Rude know-it-all's.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
It's hard not to get an attitude when a lot of times I ask a question and people get a "smart ***" tone with me like I am supposed to know all the answers to my questions BEFORE I even ask them. It happens all the time. That's why I am ost likely not posting to here anymore. Rude know-it-all's.

Take a deep breath. No one got a "smart *** tone" with you. As the moderator it is my
duty to help keep threads on topic and to keep order in the forums in which I am a moderator. In this thread You asked how to view the talkgroup
or frequency in an APX 6000. I answered your question with a detailed response because (as anyone will attest) I like to help new RR members out. You then in a totally different thread ask the same question again. I linked you to the previous thread in an effort to help you out as well as let you know that posting the same question multiple times in different threads is frowned upon here at RR. You are new here and we appreciate the fact that you are still getting used to the layout and rules. So let's start fresh and go from here. You have been given the answers to your questions and hopefully they point you in the right direction to start to get your questions answered.
Thanks for being a part of RR and we hope you continue to post here!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I asked how to view them in one, and then just asked what they are in another.

From the first thread:

I was wondering how to view the talkgroup or frequency of a channel using the APX 6000XE?

Your Post in this thread:

I hope so. I just don't know how to view the frequency of a channel on a Motorola APX 6000XE. If anyone could help me with that.

Most reasonable folks would consider both questions above to be the exact same question.

I then direct you back to my lengthy response in your first thread:

Unless it is programmed as part of the alphatag for the channel/talkgroup the only other ways to view the talkgroup/freq are:
For a trunked radio system:
1) Read the radio using APX CPS and view the codeplug data (which means you have to have a MOL subscription along with buying APX CPS and a programming cable)
2) Use a Trunked radio decoder program like Trunk88/Unitrunker and key the radio up while watching the system activity.
For a conventional frequency:
1) (again) read the radio using APX CPS and view the codeplug data (which means you have to have a MOL subscription along with buying APX CPS and a programming cable)
2) Use the close call feature on scanners while you key up the radio and look at the transmitting frequency.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Again, I would ask you to carefully consider the fact that everyone is just trying to help you here. It might behoove you to let this go and take this as a lesson learned.
Since your initial questions were answered and there is nowhere else for this (or the other) topic to go I am going to go ahead and put it to rest.
If you have any further questions or concerns my email address is listed here in my profile.
We do appreciate you being a part of RR.com.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.