Cabarrus County / Concord Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

epepperjr

Premium Subscriber
After the above went digital - I did not replace my analog scanner and have been in the sidelines. I am missing it more and more and would like to get back in. I don't know if either or both are encrypted - which would obviously defeat my purpose.

I have now idea what would be the best scanner for me. I am somewhat electronically handy - but the programming ones seem like they may be frustrating. Does anyone out there have any suggestions or info for me - Thanks ahead of time

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
I'll let someone with more knowledge than me answer the part of your question about encryption, but I can assure you that programming these new-fangled scanners is a breeze . . . when you use the interface cable, and computer software.
Don't stay in the dark just because of a fear of programming.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Hello!

You will need a digital scanner to listen to public safety for Cabarrus County/Concord/Kannapolis.

All comms have been switched to the UASI regional system.

Cabarrus Sheriff, Concord & Kannapolis Police are all open.

About the only thing encrypted on the UASI system is talkgroups for Charlotte Fire, CMPD & Mooresville Police.

I would suggest getting the new BCD436XT. It is a real easy to use scanner. All you do is type in your zip code and the scanner does the rest.

Hope this helps

David

Status
Not open for further replies.