cabarrus county rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I just heard a message on the scanner stating something about rebanding this week. Does anyone know the new frequencies for cabarrus county yet? Thanks!
Chad

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I Live in Cabarrus, and it is a mad house and nightmare when the race comes to town.

It takes about a two weeks to plan and coordinate the channel assignments and decide on who is going to have and use radios.

Not to mention, trying to coordinate all the out of county help and SHP coming into assist.

I don't think rebanding will happen till the race is over.

It may take place before the October Race.

BTW! Here is the latest I have for Speedway operations on the Cabarrus Events Channels

Events 1 Police/Law Operations
Events 2 Fire Operations
Events 3 Ems/Rescue Operations
Events 4-6 Speedway Operations

SHP uses both 42.220 Mhz and 154.680 Mhz along with the Cabarrus Events Channels.

Hope this helps anybody

David

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> I don't think rebanding will happen till the race is over.

Maybe we're putting the cart before the horse ?

I see nothing in the FCC ULS database to indicate that Concord / Cabarrus County has a pending or finalized license showing the additional frequencies ( I would think both the old and the rebanded frequencies would appear on the license during the transition period).

Also, as a footnote, the "down 15" rule is not set in stone, since there may already be another local licensee - public safety or commercial - on the frequency in the 851-854 band.

Status
Not open for further replies.