Cabarrus Ops Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am a junior fire fighter at a fire department in Cabarrus county, North Carolina and am programming a personal radio to use until I am 18 and join on and get one from the fire department. Well I have all the fire and ems dispatch channels, but I don't have the "Cabarrus Operations" channels. I need them to go on calls. I have been on one call and I had to run back and forth to different people, which it is hard tomfind them when everyone is dressed the same, trying to get equipment and information to different people, because I didn't have the channels at the time. Someone please give me the frequencies for the following channels in Cabarrus county, NC:

Cabarrus Ops 3
Cabarrus Ops 4
Cabarrus Ops 5
Cabarrus Ops 6
Cabarrus Ops 7
Cabarrus Ops 8
Cabarrus Ops 9
Cabarrus Ops 10
Cabarrus Ops 11
Cabarrus Ops 12
Cabarrus Ops 13

By the way, I have already searched this site up and down for the frequencies and other websites and found nothing. I am in desperate need of them. Thanks!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
And since these channels/talkgroups are on a TRS (Trunked Radio System) they require software licensed from Motorola and a System Key to program
them into a "personal radio". And even if you get the above need components
you still need a valid Radio ID and authorization from the system admin
to have a radio on the Cabarrus Co system.
Probably best to either (a) stick with a scanner or (b) ask to get an authorized radio from your FD that you volley with.
Marshall KE4ZNR

trumpetman

Database Admin
I am a junior fire fighter at a fire department in Cabarrus county, North Carolina and am programming a personal radio to use until I am 18 and join on and get one from the fire department. Well I have all the fire and ems dispatch channels, but I don't have the "Cabarrus Operations" channels. I need them to go on calls. I have been on one call and I had to run back and forth to different people, which it is hard tomfind them when everyone is dressed the same, trying to get equipment and information to different people, because I didn't have the channels at the time. Someone please give me the frequencies for the following channels in Cabarrus county, NC:

Cabarrus Ops 3
Cabarrus Ops 4
Cabarrus Ops 5
Cabarrus Ops 6
Cabarrus Ops 7
Cabarrus Ops 8
Cabarrus Ops 9
Cabarrus Ops 10
Cabarrus Ops 11
Cabarrus Ops 12
Cabarrus Ops 13

By the way, I have already searched this site up and down for the frequencies and other websites and found nothing. I am in desperate need of them. Thanks!

Just to mirror what the others have said with a more local reply, those channels are going to be on the trunked system. Charlotte does not authorize personally owned radios on the 2D0 system. The only way you're going to gain access is if your department provides you with a radio.

Your best bet is to stick with a scanner and listen to the operations and get a feel for how to communicate effectively. That will better your chances of getting one of the limited radios once you become a full on member. Most departments have just enough radios to outfit the trucks, essential duty crew, and officers.

All operations in Cabarrus are on 800 MHz now with the exception of the VHF Fire & EMS Dispatch channels for the County, and Kannapolis' 3 VHF conventional channels. State Fire, EMS 280, & EMS 340 are the only other conventional frequencies in Cabarrus, but those are rarely utilized since out-of-county units are predominantly 800 MHz capable now days.

Status
Not open for further replies.