Cablevision

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin390

Hi all, I have a question for all you computer wiz's. I have high speed cable from cablevision. The cost is about $54.00 a month. The service is fast, but the cost is getting higher. I could never go back to regular dial-up and Verizon isn't in my neighborhood yet. My question is this, are there other high speed alternatives that might be cheaper and pretty fast that I could chose from? Is $54.00 the going rate for having high speed hook up. As you can tell I not really an export on theses matters and any help will be more then welcomed. Thanks...........Ray

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
Wireless air card from Verizon Wireless. Or Verizon DSL both abotu 30-40 dollars a month.

shaft

Have you called Comcast to see if they offer cheaper rates or move to a promo that could reduce your costs?

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You may want to try to speak with a customer service rep and explain your concerns with the cost. I did that with my TV provider and they reduced my cost by $10 per month without much discussion needed.

bezking

CV has more or less monopolized its territory, if you have it then there probably isn't much option... I agree with hvscan, give them a call and maybe you'll get lucky... :cool:

SCPD

QRT
There's always DSL from the local telco, but it won't be as fast as cable.

Recently I had to trim my expenses, and called Time Warner to drop some stuff from my service. The rep was most helpful and we actually increased the number of channels of tv service, and increased the broadband speed to their top speed, and reduced my bill a month by $50, because of package specials. That rate is locked in for the two years, so overall I'm quite happy.

Talk to your cable company, you have nothing to lose.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well.you could install a 2.4ghz. vertical antenna and couple it to a wireless card and go "phishing" for an unsecured router? Aside from the cost of the hardware,the cost would be $0.
We have neighbors who do this,or did. Until I bought a new N150 router and installed better security. This would be my choice if I were mobile a lot more.
Just sayin'...:lol:
N9ZAS

Status
Not open for further replies.