• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Calgary Municipal Radio Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have upgraded Sentinel to 2.00.8 and the database does not pull Calgary police tlk group anymore as they are DE taged. However, listening mostly at night, from time to time, they are in the clear, perhaps by mistake, they turn the encryption switch off. I have riverted back to Sentinel 2.00.02 so I can listen. Would it be possible to change in the database to De tag ? I have seen that was done in different regions of Canada and United States. Would make listening a little more enjoyable again. Thanks.

Calgary municipal radio network.

Calgary police services in the clear this evening, few examples. A15-Airport dispatch (both ways), CPS all call, C11 backup dispatch. Also some districts now and then. Again, not if you have Sentinel 2.00.8, why not change database from DE to De, is hard to do? Thanks.

mciupa

Are there others in Calgary that can confirm this?

Private message me if you wish to be discrete.

mciupa

Changes made. Let us know on Monday after Uniden's data pull how it works. :)

Yes. I can confirm these “leaky radio” occurrences :) . I kind of like it as I have some idea about what major incidents are happening around my neighbourhood and area at times and where to avoid driving ie. a weapon situation a few nights ago that closed down Elbow Drive.

Calgary Municipal Radio Network

Thank you mciupa for the changes, it works much better now a little more comms coming through. The rest of the districts can be changed as well, but all good. Thank you.

RadioYYC

Premium Subscriber
I get random comms. as well - but it sounds like someone who accidentally turns off their encryption - not much for full conversations going on anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.