Calvert Co VHF Patch Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpm797

If it is not being used now; it will start to be used in the near future. It is part of their radio system upgrade. It is my understanding that the 154.3925 frequency will replace their low band (33.820) station alerting/minitor pager frequency.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I've monitored it from Hollywood in St. Mary's County and had it full scale on a desktop scanner, regular antenna nothing fancy when the techs were doing testing on it about a week ago doing a bunch of number counts back and forth with the same PL as listed in the database. I'm curious as to what they were doing.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
I've monitored it from Hollywood in St. Mary's County and had it full scale on a desktop scanner, regular antenna nothing fancy when the techs were doing testing on it about a week ago doing a bunch of number counts back and forth with the same PL as listed in the database. I'm curious as to what they were doing.

Umm testing it to make sure it works, when buying a new radio system, everything has to work before it can be accepted by the agency that is purchasing the radio system.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed increased traffic on this frequency. There is some fire department patched to it but it doesn't sound like anyone local.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I drove through Calvert yesterday. 154.3925 was silent / not simulcasting their fire dispatch TG on their current SmartNet system.

Another note: the RRDB lists TG 2512 as "Fire Co Trng / "Ch. A10 County Training," but was carrying radio traffic that sounded like Parks and Rec.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
They haven't switched over to the vhf high simulcast frequency as of yet. Simulcast of their dispatch TG occurs on 33.820 pl141.3

The Training channel was probably being used by one of the companies at a special event like a carnival or concert.

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed increased traffic on this frequency. There is some fire department patched to it but it doesn't sound like anyone local.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
If you're not using the PL tone, you may be hearing the Baltimore City FG simulcast freq. 154.385. It does bleed over

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Good call but I'm using a PL tone. Yesterday there were radio checks being conducted. They were somewhere going room to room giving a room number and an indication of signal quality.
If you're not using the PL tone, you may be hearing the Baltimore City FG simulcast freq. 154.385. It does bleed over

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Good call but I'm using a PL tone. Yesterday there were radio checks being conducted. They were somewhere going room to room giving a room number and an indication of signal quality.
They were doing the same with the 800 TACs a few weeks ago. Why they are testing frequencies meant for mobile on street with portables in building, IDK. Maybe testing some BDAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.