Cambria County Bus Drill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

I was heading through Downtown Johnstown today and noticed a bunch of various police agencies some local and others out of the area at the Point Statium, so I just figured, oh they must be having a multi-agency training session or something.

I know sometimes many agencies get together and do K9 training and other things.

But what struck me as odd, over near JWF past Iron St, I noticed a CamTran Bus, a CamTran Supervisor, and Johnstown PD's Mobile Command Unit, so I figured maybe they were having an emergency drill.

Yet I have heard nothing on J-Town PD, South Ops, nor CamTran.

Does anybody know what is/was going on today?

RedPenguin

Thank You

Training. I doubt there will be any radio comms.

Thank You for replying.

I was not 100% sure because when they do the airport drill, the buses at least talk on their channel, yet I never heard if Police, Fire, or EMS, had radio traffic during the last one in 2009, as nobody ever said if they had the recorded audio.

You are definitely right if they already had the training, because from 8:45AM around the time I seen the bus parked until now the next day at 1:45PM no radio traffic coming from anybody at all.

RedPenguin

You were correct

It looks like their was no radio traffic at all as you stated above.

The funny part was, even though a CamTran bus was parked there and their drivers had to see it parked there when they go by due to the 4th ave bridge being closed, they acted totally surprised that training was going on "across the river from UHaul".

Was a little surprised that they parked everything there around 8:45AM Monday but nothing happened till around 6PM Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.