Cambria County with "800"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

I have been listening to South Ops channels off and on today and I keep hearing the following units being talked to by Richland and possibly other police departments.

Command - Appears to be what they call Cambria
"800" - Not entirely sure, but this unit seems to be in charge

I checked both Cambria and Somerset and can't find a single reference to "800" or anything even similar.

Is this a temporary unit or is there sometimes this unit othertimes?

EDIT: Listening to more they are now calling the unit "Command 800" but yesterday I did hear during a DUI checkpoint officers calling a Cambria Dispatcher, "Command".

Last edited:

RedPenguin

Op1-3?

Anybody know who exactly the OP units where? There appeared to be OP 1, 2, and 3.

Cambria County Units appeared to identify with badge numbers and some car numbers. Same with Fire and EMS.

Were the OPs federal units?

RedPenguin

Wow

That information is classified.

Didn't quite expect an answer like that, but I can see it.

Anyway, surprised the entire thing was even on a Cambria OPs channel anyway, but I guess they can't really provide encrypted radios for every single agency, since it sounded like Dale, Richland, UPJ (honestly first time I ever heard them on something other than their own campus even though I knew they could), Stoneycreek, Johnstown PD, Richland Fire, possibly others were involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.