• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Camden Co., NJ - County system to go live

Thank you for the info wish I would of had those frequencies on last week, and yes their was a lot of feedback. Hope they start using those channels a lot more for like talk around or something.

... hey Dan... I've been looking over the Camco systems as I know nothing about them in an effort to program what we need for the video... what should I put in for a demonstration of p2 from sentinel and ez scan for the 536 and 1095?... I won't be needing or using it much so what exactly do you think I should put in... all of it?...

camco911

Premium Subscriber
Our Fireground channels was originally to have a 1 to 2 mile range. Once everything went online in 2013, we found it was more like 1000 feet and in some cases line of site. Unless you live in, near or are buffing Camden County it would be a waste to take up space in what ever device you use to monitor.

Our Fireground channels was originally to have a 1 to 2 mile range. Once everything went online in 2013, we found it was more like 1000 feet and in some cases line of site. Unless you live in, near or are buffing Camden County it would be a waste to take up space in what ever device you use to monitor.
Those simplex fireground channels are uniform for all 700 MHz users - not just Camden County but Berks County uses the same ones as well (same PL).

The sad reality is that anything in simplex mode above 500 MHz is going to be useless more than a block or so away (unit to unit). Height would help but even at 200 or 300 feet you're still unlikely to pick up a 2 watt portable more than 5 or 10 miles away.

Over the last 2 weeks 1 thing I have noticed about the Fire Tactical talk groups is that the audio is pretty distorted compared to the other talk groups like Fire/EMS response.