Camden Co., NJ - County system to go live

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampulman

I may be moving back to the area and would like to know if the new Camden Co NJ Police radio system can be monitored? I have a '536 and HP2. Thanks, Tom.

Police comms are totally encrypted. Fire & EMS (may) be able to be monitored (not a listener as no Phase II capability).

FYI: Cherry Hill is (still) alive and well via EDACS system.

Amp

osiris

Camden County. NJ-system to go live

Hi all
OK, so I had a chance to be in Camden County on Tuesday (2-3) & I got to hear the new phase II system on my BCD436HP. It sounds great! Except that the police are encrypted as has been sad earlier. It almost sounds like analog, it came in so well.
I live in Buck County, Pa & that is supposed to be switched over to a 700 MHz phase II system. If it sounds anything like Camden Co I'll be really happy.
Now, I might have to upgrade my BCD996T to a 536.
AND when I got back to Bucks County Tuesday I actually picked up Camden Co in the parking lot of the Ford dealer that I work at. I was really surprised.
Bob

camco911

Premium Subscriber
Hi all
OK, so I had a chance to be in Camden County on Tuesday (2-3) & I got to hear the new phase II system on my BCD436HP. It sounds great! Except that the police are encrypted as has been sad earlier. It almost sounds like analog, it came in so well.
I live in Buck County, Pa & that is supposed to be switched over to a 700 MHz phase II system. If it sounds anything like Camden Co I'll be really happy.
Now, I might have to upgrade my BCD996T to a 536.
AND when I got back to Bucks County Tuesday I actually picked up Camden Co in the parking lot of the Ford dealer that I work at. I was really surprised.
Bob

Funny, everyone in Camden County with the exception of a few of us hate the system.

trbman

The guide is now maintained by Lou C. at Scanner Digest Newsletter

does the information on this site under the Philly Guide tab mean that we can tune into Camden County frequencies? or does it not matter since the Camden County is encrypted? I'm new to radios and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to buy one to listen to my local Berlin/Voorhees PD.

danieldad

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that you're not going to be able to monitor those towns' LE agencies, or for that matter, any of the Camco LE frequencies. The old system (T band) is no longer in service, and the 700 mhz P25/phase 2 system ( - requiring a P25/phase 2 scanner) has all LE encrypted. You can still monitor FD/EMS, etc., but I'm afraid that you're out of luck with respect to any LE agencies.

Septa3371CSX1

You may find some activity on the department talk around channels still but not primary operations.

Two of the 500 channels are now used by the Camden City Downtown Improvement District. I'll submit them to the database but they are the old Prosecutor North Channel (500.5625) now with a 110.9 PL and the old Parks PD Channel (507.6125) with the 127.3 PL.

Last edited:

bailly2

You can monitor the input frequencies such as 809.1375
That way you will know if something is happening nearby,
...then walk around the block and see whatever it is...better
Than nothing

camco911

Premium Subscriber
We can now take Gloucester Township Police out of our scanners. They've made the move over.

HJCF0520

Quick question

What are the "switch-over" police talkgroups. Also, does anyone who has a Uniden BCD325P2 scanner recieve a weak signal( no audio) on police and fire/ ems talkgroups? Thanks.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
What are the "switch-over" police talkgroups. Also, does anyone who has a Uniden BCD325P2 scanner recieve a weak signal( no audio) on police and fire/ ems talkgroups? Thanks.

Switch over channels are usually so the PD can talk to each other without tying up the dispatch channel. I have a 325P2 and I do not have the "weak signal no audio" issue you describe.

For your other question about more talk groups, it wouldn't do any good if they're all encrypted. I think this system is laid out very nice as compared to Burlington County where the system planners went crazy creating hundreds of talk groups they never use.

HJCF0520

Ah, so it's like a talk around one. Sometimes it's almost inaudible to hear certain fire/ ems transmissions. I guess it sounds better on the actual radios. I would also describe the system as "a clean and orderly look":) I also like interoperability between neighboring towns and now when there's a police incident close by multiple towns respond. I was (trying) to count all of Burlingtons talk groups today... I stopped close to 200. Thank you for all your help!

danieldad

... during the recent storm, a couple of southern Camden Co. pd's & pw depts were noted on the UHF "backup system", for several days;
-- so it's pretty wise to throw in all of the counties' 'old ' system "backup channels ".
And, just an fyi, for those of you who have been asking about the ARC comms system on Low Band; its alive and well. Listened to several 47 mhz /ARC Net channels, during this past weeks' events. Over the years, I've learned that those "alternative "/seldom heard freqs really do pop up from time to time, so always keep them in a bank for those 'special 'occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.