Camden Co., NJ - County system to go live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monoxide16

Thank you for the info wish I would of had those frequencies on last week, and yes their was a lot of feedback. Hope they start using those channels a lot more for like talk around or something.

HJCF0520

New talkgroup

A few days ago I heard a new talkgroup on the system. 391. It was encrypted so for me it's a dead end:). Any tips for finding info on them?

bailly2

you can write down the radio id for that 391 talkgroup. then look in the wiki in the collaboration section here

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Joe Cardini moved to Fla, Give a week or 2 and I will have a feed up with my BCD536HP that sits on Camden County F-1, the 700MHz Fire Grounds and the P25P2 TRS.

phillydjdan

Firegrounds? Goof luck ever hearing anything on those. They are 2 watts simplex. Unless they are on your street forget it.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... hey Dan... I've been looking over the Camco systems as I know nothing about them in an effort to program what we need for the video... what should I put in for a demonstration of p2 from sentinel and ez scan for the 536 and 1095?... I won't be needing or using it much so what exactly do you think I should put in... all of it?...

phillydjdan

Just put in the Fire talkgroups. The police side is all encrypted. Fireground channels won't be needed.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
Our Fireground channels was originally to have a 1 to 2 mile range. Once everything went online in 2013, we found it was more like 1000 feet and in some cases line of site. Unless you live in, near or are buffing Camden County it would be a waste to take up space in what ever device you use to monitor.

Septa3371CSX1

Our Fireground channels was originally to have a 1 to 2 mile range. Once everything went online in 2013, we found it was more like 1000 feet and in some cases line of site. Unless you live in, near or are buffing Camden County it would be a waste to take up space in what ever device you use to monitor.

Those simplex fireground channels are uniform for all 700 MHz users - not just Camden County but Berks County uses the same ones as well (same PL).

phillydjdan

The sad reality is that anything in simplex mode above 500 MHz is going to be useless more than a block or so away (unit to unit). Height would help but even at 200 or 300 feet you're still unlikely to pick up a 2 watt portable more than 5 or 10 miles away.

Septa3371CSX1

Oh wait, are the VHF fireground frequencies for each town still used or are they now backup?

If the fire companies still have VHF radios on the rigs then there is a chance they could be in use. Since these channels are mostly simplex you'd have to be fairly close to the rigs to hear them in use.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
Over the last 2 weeks 1 thing I have noticed about the Fire Tactical talk groups is that the audio is pretty distorted compared to the other talk groups like Fire/EMS response.

Septa3371CSX1

Over the last 2 weeks 1 thing I have noticed about the Fire Tactical talk groups is that the audio is pretty distorted compared to the other talk groups like Fire/EMS response.

Are you listening on a scanner or a commercial grade radio? There is a big difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.