Camden County

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcengineer

Premium Subscriber
The city of Kingsland in Camden starts their rebanding today.

They will be using the same frequencies, just going to narrowband.

The city of St. Mary's will start next Monday, the 24th, with the County starting the following Monday, the 31st.

N8IAA

The city of St. Mary's will start next Monday, the 24th, with the County starting the following Monday, the 31st.

Two completely different things, rebanding and narrowbanding. Rebanding has to do only with 800MHz trunked systems.
Narrowbanding has to do with the transmit bandwidth on conventional frequencies. Sometimes it can get frustrating:)
Larry

KFR_697

I assume that both cities and the county public works departments are doing this along w/ Police and Fire/Rescue as well. I would believe so, but just checking. Yes they definately started on schedule today in St.Marys, heard the Motorola Tech doing radio checks on SMPD direct and saw the vans today at the fire station too. And also to verify, the frequencies will stay the same, and the only thing different will be the change from 25 Ghz spacing to 12.5 Ghz spacing correct?.

KFR_697

I assume that both cities and the county public works departments are doing this along w/ Police and Fire/Rescue as well. I would believe so, but just checking. Yes they definately started on schedule today in St.Marys, heard the Motorola Tech doing radio checks on SMPD direct and saw the vans today at the fire station too. And also to verify, the frequencies will stay the same, and the only thing different will be the change from 25 Ghz spacing to 12.5 Ghz spacing correct?.

Khz rather, not Ghz

KFR_697

mrcengineer, do you have anything to report on the progress of Camden's switch to narrowband?. How are things coming along?

KFR_697

Well since mrcengineer is no help...Camden County S/O has changed their main dispatch frequency from 159.165 PL 118.8 to 151.385 MHz PL 118.8, the new transmit frequency I have not found as of yet but will post as soon as possible. They just completed narrowbanding the Fire/EMS Dispatch frequency, but its frequency doesnt appear to have changed at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.