Camden NY Fire/EMS Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

visio

I have a Uniden Bearcat BC95XLT and I am trying to pick up local fire and emergency calls so that I can photograph the scenes. Using the RadioReference.com site I came up with 154.13000 as the Camden NY Fire frequency however when I tried to enter it into my scanner it came up with error. I tried over and over... can someone confirm this is the right frequency? If so what am I doing wrong? If not where can I get a accurate frequency? Who should I call? I pick up other frequencies fine but this one, the one I need to tune to won't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
According to the following frequency databases, 154.13 MHz is still licensed to the Camden N.Y. Fire Dept:

NF2G (This site is owned by a RR member: Dave)

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page

Welcome to PerCon Corp.com

SCANNER FREQUENCIES - Online Database - Find Scanner Frequencies In Your Area

ArrestHistory.com - FCC License Lookup

Scanner Frequencies

Have you tried entering another frequency in that channel or entering that frequency in another channel & if you did, what happened?

FLRAILMAN

visio

FLRAILMAN thanks for the response! I read reviews on Amazon, before buying, about the manual being complicated or missing things... but then others said it was a breeze setting up. The manual is not overly complicated but I think it is missing things or not clear on some things.

Well to make a long story short I did finally figure it out... here is what you do to add a frequency (if your getting ERROR)

Press SCAN then click HOLD. Keep clicking it till you get to an empty spot in your bank... then click FUNC and THEN Pgm button... now on the screen you should see PGM a channel number and a empty frequency... if so continue and begin typing your frequency you wish to add. When your done press E/Pgm and it will add it.

The manual, at first glance, appears to provide this same approach but it leaves out important steps which will get you an error at the end... I think the issue is that unless you follow these steps it is trying to add the frequency in a pre-configured band and if the frequency your entering does not match it will give an error. Since following the above steps (found from just playing with it) I have had no trouble adding all the channels I need. Now I got my local Fire dept, the Oneida county Fire/Ems dispatch and Police dispatch in priority on my first bank. That is my primary use for the scanner. So now that I got that figured out I am very pleased with the actual unit. It does the job very well and IMO has a very good reception even at long distances. So I am very pleased.

Thanks again FLRAILMAN for the links... much appreciated!

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Camden NY fire/EMS frequencies

It appears that the more complex the scanner, the more lacking in basic start-up instructions the owners manuals are. Been there, done that. I'm glad that you figured it out & corrected your problem, that's an awsome radio, have fun with it. Take care & happy scanning.

FLRAILMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.