Camp Atterbury Range Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to let everyone know that may live close to Camp Atterbury in Edinburgh, IN that range control is a very active frequency. 138.0375 broadcasting in the clear. Radio checks required every hour at the bottom of every hour. Heard them talking about "UAV" today and about being careful because of the weather. I can actually pick up this frequency from Seymour which is about 30 miles south. Good test of your scanner's conventional channel sensitivity.

knightrider

When stationed at Grissom AFB (70's), I would be sent there on weekends to "score" for the AF Guard pilots when they were running bombing and strafing runs. The towers were a bit rickety, and would shake as they flew past!! Oh, by the way, had I been a model Airman, I could have stayed on Base, instead of driving at 0530 to get there, and leaving at 1700 to drive back to GUS each day and return the next. Kept those stripes though!!

Last edited:

indiana1983

Camp Atterbury

Do you know what the repeater input freuqecy is?? I actually work in the area there and would'nt mind monitoring them. Also do you know any other frequencies that they have besides the SAFE-T. I work security at job corps and just was wondering what other frequencies do they have.

Thanks

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Range Control is a biggie and used often but I have never thought to check the input frequency. I will do that next week and get back to you.
Well, one that I've heard fairly often also is 138.7125 which I found labeled "Transportation"
139.9750 is Fire
Job Corp = 164.700 ? Haven't heard anything on this freq. Can you confirm?
Ops = 240.35 ? Same
I use to hear 383.3 activity from the A10 and Air Force planes that fly and do strafing runs on the range but I just checked and realized I don't have that programmed into the BCD396XT I just bought

jerk

Do you know what the repeater input freuqecy is?? I actually work in the area there and would'nt mind monitoring them. Also do you know any other frequencies that they have besides the SAFE-T. I work security at job corps and just was wondering what other frequencies do they have.

Thanks

I think I have that input, but have to find where I wrote it down.
I think I also have one more.

indiana1983

Atterbury

I dont know anything about this one 138.7125?? You say ita transportation. nothing either on the
139.9750 Fire. I would like to know if this is actually used for over their?? If so then if they are on a repeater and what tones are they. That would really be helpful...
Atterbury job corps is 164.700, I can confirm that, I work security there. That is channel is very active its our channel 2 on our radios there. Its used daily. We arn't on a repeater. I don't know what this frequency means
though Ops = 240.35 ? What are referring too?????

Any help would greatly be apperciated. I would like some input on Atterbury. Does anyone know if security is on there own. I know that they do have a SAFET radios for military police but dont know anything else yet???

jerk

I dont know anything about this one 138.7125?? You say ita transportation. nothing either on the
139.9750 Fire. I would like to know if this is actually used for over their?? If so then if they are on a repeater and what tones are they. That would really be helpful...
Atterbury job corps is 164.700, I can confirm that, I work security there. That is channel is very active its our channel 2 on our radios there. Its used daily. We arn't on a repeater. I don't know what this frequency means
though Ops = 240.35 ? What are referring too?????

Any help would greatly be appreciated. I would like some input on Atterbury. Does anyone know if security is on there own. I know that they do have a SAFET radios for military police but dont know anything else yet???

138.7125 is active, I have it as Logistics, not totally sure of use.
240.35 is AM-UHF. The MP's I heard off the New Albany SAFE-T tower one day, they are very active.
Fire, I have something different listed... but have not heard anything on either frequency, the one here and the one I have in the scanner.
Try 173. 3125 DPL 023, it could be image and see what you get from that, it's still unknown to usage and location.

Status
Not open for further replies.